Sunday, February 10, 2008

Air for life!

Wh..What day is it?
What? What?
I cant hear you.



It felt so good to finally "come home" last night; home to where it all began in my whole life of clubbing - Zouk main arena. Kind of felt I've come full circle and maybe, I can finally call it a day.


Okay.
Not just yet.
Soon.



Fifi, Dina and I were stumped at the snaking queue outside Zouk. EuropaDiscoDancer told me last week there would be a guest band coming but I didnt expect the turnout to be amazing. Phuture displayed a no-entry sign so everyone had to queue for Zouk.

We called Benson who was already inside with his posse and they managed to get us in through Phuture (which allowed us to go to Zouk, but not vice versa) all free of charge and sans queueing.

Life was looking good.




After much hassling, I finally managed to get those 2 clowns to the dancefloor. Benson and gang were too busy drinking (they are like...Alcoholic Ambassadors!) and canoodling to dance so we three broke away. After about 30 minutes of rapid pseudo-shuffling (fine, I'm a whale and I cant do it!), Din dragged us to Phuture.

Nope.
Didnt feel it.

Phuture's dancefloor was packed as usual with wannabe hip-hoppers: Chinese boys who could be riding dirty and cranking, and Chinese girls who could really pon de replay and dip it low and bring it up slow (huh??). If Friday night was like one night in Chennai in O Bar, last night was the rape of Nanking in Phuture.

But hey, it's all good. That means the world is becoming more globalised (and hip, no?) than it thinks it is. 5 years ago, it was so hard to see a Chinese girl danced a la Pussycat Dolls like CY2!

Anyway, even Dina, the self-confessed RnB/hip hop freak, didnt quite feel it. Fifi was lost in his/her own world while I was just elbowing everyone for space and getting disgusted looking at cannot-make-it grinders, pervs and touchy-feely couples. We left not long after ... retreating back to the thumping beats of Zouk at 0215hrs.

Heh, Dina has converted!


This was not taken last night.
Just a sample of what we had.

Oh well.

The night at the dancefloor ended at 0330hrs for me. I almost wanted to die when Fifi went up the podium at 0300hrs. I tugged Dina's sleeves and screamed:


"Oi!!! Your friend is at the podium!!"
"I know!"
"Wah lau!! I want to go home already lah!!!"
"You go up the podium and pull him down!"
"Crazy! You go!"



We let him be. Crazy bugger was probably high or something. Thankfully, he lasted only 30 minutes. He stepped down and it was time to go back.

Lepak-ed at the coffeeshop and at 0400hrs, we finally crawled into a cab. EuropaDiscoDancer, who just reached Zouk, asked me to join him back in there. But no...my limbs were giving way. No way am I going back in there.

Back home, the sister was still up so we spent time watching NSync MTVs on Youtube together (yeah, I drive myself crazy sometimes) and talked about the Melbourne shuffle until almost six.

Naturally, I didnt make it in time for the CNY visit to Ah Kiong's parents' place in Yishun. Aiyah, Gong Xi Fa Cai lah, Uncle!

Awrite. It's already 1700hrs and I'm stiill groggy. I havent done any work these past 5 days and it feels kind of nice haha. I shall start tonight.

..
..
..

After I come back from dinner with the Pak Budi and the Timor gang tonight.

And after the Manchester derby and the Chelsea-Liverpool clash.


Life is good.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.



P/S: We can always grow up tomorrow.


###

No comments: