So I went to the concert last night. I was there at around 1830hrs and well...the place was practically empty. I went to Kallang Leisure Park, had a han ching peng and at around 1915hrs, I went back to the Indoor Stadium. At 1930hrs, I went into the arena...probably the tenth person sitting in there. Managed to even read aloud my Monash text.
I was ready to sleep, thinking that concerts never start on time. At 1945hrs, people started to surge in and in 10 minutes, the arena was full! Yes, people were soo orderly some more. Those hippies (Santana's old fans) have all grown up haha.
And then...it was bloody unexpected. At 2000hrs, the main lights went off and up came the spot lights. A video clip about the environment was shown and Carlos Santana was featured in it too. 5 mins later, the band started playing and (arggggh!!!) the guitar maestro came out... with hairstyle (almost) similar to mine (minus the bald patch at the top)
Yes. It started on time.
First concert I've ever attended which started on time.
Unbelievable.
And it went on great. It went on...and on...encore..and on...encore...and on. What time did the concert end?
At 2250hrs!
The longest concert I've ever been to!
Of course going back was pure madness cause everyone wanted to take the last train in town. Managed to squeeze on bus #16 and headed back to City Hall. Phew.
Anyway...
Am super duper tired. I reached home around 0015hrs after the concert. Showered and read newspapers, I finally began to do work at 0130hrs; preparing for my 2 classes today. I was in and out of sleep for I only had 2 hours of sleep (0530-0730hrs) on Monday morning (preparing for classes). Decided to rest at 0215hrs for 10 mins. Of course I fell asleep. Woke up with a jolt at 0530hrs and then continued with work...up till now. Time check: 1640hrs.
Just done with my Diploma class. My throat is begging for mercy and lord knows how many Strepsils I have consumed. Been sitting down throughout the class cause today I had no energy to stand. The train ride to work was hell too. I could barely keep awake and so it was torturous to stand from AMK to City Hall.
Maybe it is not a good idea to watch JUNO with Nani later after all.
But....aiyah, just watch lah.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment