Thursday, February 14, 2008

Stop and stare

I had an utterly devastating night. After bidding Idaho and Shortcake goodbye (after downing 2 JCo doughnuts), I made my way to The Cathay and managed to get a seat on the first row from the front no less.

But it was awrite cause I didnt want to miss this show anymore.





THE KITE RUNNER was so ..ergh..water fest. The film starts sweetly and it gets twisted and disturbing.

20 minutes into the movie, I was "gone". Breathing got heavy, eyes became misty and I had a lump in my throat. But I wasnt 100% emo. The tudung girl who sat next to me was irritating the bejesus out of me. She was whispering in a loud tone (yeah what the hell) to her boyfriend. They could even squeeze in a tickle or two. I shushed her up so many times and I glared at her so hard her tudung almost fell off. Haha.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Older Hassan (voice): I dream that my son will grow up to be a good person, a free person. I dream that someday you will return to revisit the land of our childhood. I dream that flowers will bloom in the streets again... and kites will fly in the skies!

...

Amir: For you, a thousand times over

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


THE KITE RUNNER was adapted from a Khaled Hosseini's book of the same name. I havent read it but I think now...I should. Although the film doesnt stray much from the original, I read that there are many parts which have been omitted due to cinematic constraints. I am so prepared to cry buckets while reading the book.

Oh well.

Yeah, the film depressed the hell out of me. I was so upset that even after the movie, I was crying. I couldnt take the MRT in my state of non-waterproof mascara mess so at 2145hrs, I decided to walk down Orchard, sniffing along the way.

It was quite funny.
People must be thinking that I'm such a pathetic thing;
Got dumped by the boyfriend on the eve of Valentine's Day
And decided to walk aimlessly in town.



I am "strolling"...
I am "strolling"...
Home again 'cross the sea
I am "strolling"...
Stormy waters
To be near you
To be free



And so I walked and walked. The tears just kept rolling down and I couldnt be bothered to cover anymore. After passing Far East Plaza, I headed to Newton...happy to get away from the madding crowd and into the darkness of the night.

It was like a walk around the world. Many ethnic/exotic restaurants and I passed various people of various nationalities. There was an Arab man who was strolling in his Arab gear, there was a drunk Malay man who was holding a can of beer and trying to make a phone call on his mobile phone. There was the ambulance who rushed to Hotel Asia (or is Hotel Royal?) probably to tend to a sick guest. There were 3 mainland Chinese who were grumbling at a bus stop, a group of noisy Jap teenagers, Caucasians who jogged to everywhere/anywhere and houses of various states of opulence along the way.

It was 2250hrs when I reached Velocity at Novena (1 hr!). Eyes were tired of tearing and I had a tummy ache. Took the train and headed home.

The walk did a bit of good in a way. Was able to think about some stuff and reflect on my life. I also managed to send an sms to the bestie who is slogging hard at work far away in Saigon, telling her I miss her so.


..


The sister came home yesterday full of hope. She had with her some info on NAFA courses which she was interested in. She ran by the father gingerly and told him about her plans but he shot her down saying he had no money after sending me to uni. He added that he was all the more "penniless" now that he's not working (till April) and that the brother's wedding was approaching. The sister was sad and she went back to the room...dejected beyond reasons.


I dont have the heart.


Think it is time I take it upon myself to see her through it. But of course being the selfish fuck that I am, I am still thinking about the New York trip. Haha.

That and all selfishness aside, yes I am for real when I say I take it upon myself to see through it. I have already consulted my agent to check on my insurance premiums and see how much I can get out of it. Worse come to worse, I withdraw them and start from scratch, I guess.


I had my time to soar ... let it be her turn.
And I think it is time I step up my big sister act.

My masters plan can wait I guess.
Boooooo...


..


Lesson here is that when you want to start a family, be prepared for everything and be financially secured.

My parents didnt think that their kids would study beyond secondary school level (I think) and they didnt have the means to let us go far beyond that anyway. It was beyond their imagination that I would want to go to Aussie. They couldnt predict that their youngest child (the sister) would want to go NAFA after her Nitec either. I guess being poor and not highly educated themselves made them short-sighted (not literally). I dont blame the parents. Well, not totally. I blame it on ignorance and cultural "mis-education".


See?
I cant help being emo sometimes.
I think a lot about life.
The what-ifs and all the possibilities
The lost chances and what-could-have-beens



..


Anyway Specimen A asked me out at 0130hrs just now. "Out" as in.."Get out of the house now now now cause I want to meet you" kind of thing. I hated it and I made it known clearly that I didnt like to be commanded / ordered around. He offered to cab down from Bukit Timah to my place instead. I didnt like to be pressurised so I told him off. I didnt see the urgency in meeting up anyway. And besides, wah lao, where to go at 0200hrs?


He said I'm a toughie.
I told him to suck on a lemon.



If you're wondering why I'm still talking to Specimen A, well, I want to see how long he's going to try or to entertain me. I do admit that we have interesting intelligent chats once in a while. Him being a lawyer makes it all the more bizarre. He definitely has the tongue of a liar and I take it as a personal challenge to differentiate what he says as truth or fallacy.


Fine fine fine.
The main reason is that I am just using him for blog fodder.



Oh bitch please... I know you like to read about it.


A thousand times goodnight, my bitches.


###

No comments: