Friday, February 22, 2008

Dangdut is the music of my country

Apple Cinnamon, Double Chocolate and Chocolate Cinnamon.
Donuts cant be any better than these.

Now I have a tummy ache.

..
..
..

Am "babysitting" some students while they are having their self-study time. So yeah...can do some work.

Got some pictures taken during the crazy CNY week. The one where I went DblO on Friday and Zouk (Above & Beyond!) on Saturday.




With Adrian, Vinz, Alfian, Des, CY2 and her friends at DblO.



(Back) Fifi, Ed, Din and with Benson's (not in picture) friends.
I look really young here hahaha.


Last Sunday (17th Feb), Lauren, Nani and I made our journey to the west and visited Ida Nuryati Rawi Rawi-Haden. Her 2nd son (Mikhail) is having his cukur rambut and the family had organised a thanksgiving feast. It's also a sweet gesture for Ida and her family cause they are soon moving from Korea to some deserts in LA haha.


Baby Mik and older brother whose name eludes me.
Oh, I remember.
It's Little Brat.




Blush, Ed, Ida and Porky.
No Moonies...the dragon is not in the house.

After that, the three of us went to Bukit Timah and had some drinks at Coffee Bean for a while. Nani drove us to town where I met Meiling for a movie.





NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN started out a tad confusing for me. I think it was the cowboy slang and accent that made me think so. Kind of brought back sounds of Brokeback Mountain and The Assassination of Jesse James where I spent most of the time straining my ears to hear and understand what the hell they were saying.

But the film picks up about 10 minutes into it and boy...it doesnt let go of its grip until the end. This film is pure madness and genius roll into one. It's manic and my god, it keeps you all tensed up. Very good movie and urgh..the antagonist (Javier Badem) is just bone-chilling mad.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Llewelyn Moss: If I don't come back, tell mother I love her.
Carla Jean Moss: Your mother's dead, Llewelyn.
Llewelyn Moss: Well then I'll tell her myself.

...

Carson Wells: [sitting by bed] Buenos Dias. I'm guessing this isn't the future you had planned for yourself when you first clapped eyes on that money. Don't worry, I'm not the man whose after you.
Llewelyn Moss: [in bed] I know that. I've seen him.
Carson Wells: You've seen him, and you're not dead?
Llewelyn Moss: What's this guy supposed to be the ultimate badass?
Carson Wells: No I wouldn't describe him as that?
Llewelyn Moss: How would you describe him?
Carson Wells: I guess I would say he doesn't have a sense of humor. His name is Chigurh.
Llewelyn Moss: Sugar?


...

Ed Tom Bell: Now that's aggrevatin'.
Wendell: Sheriff?
Ed Tom Bell: [points to a bottle of milk] Still sweatin'.
Wendell: Whoa, Sheriff! We just missed him! We gotta circulate this!
Ed Tom Bell: Well, okay. What do we circulate? Lookin' for a man who recently drunk milk?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Yeah the movie is good and after reading it up post-movie, I agree that it deserves to be nominated for the Oscars. In fact, I think this is better than Adam Michael Clayton and Atonement. Watch it, man.

Be right back.



###

No comments: