I think Lauren, Nani and I looked like hobbits. Hahaha. And we three happened to stand on the same side. Andrew looked like the Eiffel Tower near us. O well. God reduced our height but he made us BIG in many ways.
Heheh...ooh mama.
Met Clara at PS just now for a short chitchat session at Secret Recipe. Fine. I didnt need the choc banana cake but Clara definitely needed her cheesecake. Bitch was so tiny.
Lauren called us and told us that she's coming to town. So Clara and I trooped our way to Tangs to meet her. Once we were there, it was time to hit Wisma Atria to buy shoes. Lauren was exercising her rights as a Charles & Keith member who was having her birthday week and therefore deserved a 20% discount. Clara and I tagged a long to share the joy of course.
So yes, I bought 2 new pairs of shoes.
I need more cabinet space for my size 39 feet.
They are huge, I know.
To help me get a good footing in life, mah!
Anyway on Saturday evening, I managed to gather 3 other singles - Fifi, Meiling and Lauren - to catch a show at The Hub.









SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET is, in my opinion, a brilliant piece of Tim Burton work. The dark cinematography is mesmerising, the humour is spot on and ah..Johnny. I dont have to say more.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sweeney Todd: Alright! You, sir?/How about a shave?/Come and visit/Your good friend Sweeney!/You sir! Too, sir/Welcome to the grave./I will have vengence./I will have salvation... /Who, sir? You sir!/No one's in the chair come on, come on/Sweeney's waiting/I want you bleeders./ You sir? Anybody?/Gentlemen, now don't be shy/Not one man/No, nor ten men/Nor a hundred can assuage me.
...
Sweeney Todd: [sung] They all deserve to die/Tell you why, Mrs. Lovett, tell you why/Because in all of the whole human race Mrs. Lovett there are two kinds of men and only two/There's the one staying put in his proper place and one with his foot in the other one's face/Look at me, Mrs Lovett! Look at you!/ No, we all deserve to die/ Even you, Mrs Lovett, even I!
...
Sweeney Todd: [spoken under his breath] There's a hole in the world like a great black pit, and it's filled with people who are filled of shit, and the vermin of the world inhabit it...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SWEENEY TODD has a lot of blood and also singing. Some parts/songs are quite unnecessary but ah, this is Burton's work. Nothing is ever necessary. Being a dark and twisted person myself, I really enjoyed the dark intensity of this film. Think Burton has elevated himself as one of the 2 of Ed's favourite auteur directors. The first was of course Baz Luhrmann. Now, there's Tim Burton.
Awrite, time now is 0317hrs.
Think I can probably catch another show tomorrow.
A thousand times goodnight, goths and moths.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment