Friday, April 25, 2008

All I ask of you

What am I doing? I left work 4 hours ago and now, in my almost comatosed state, I am attempting to get back to work. My eyes are begging for a rest but my head is still racing. The hamster is still running the wheel. I need downers. And then in the morning, I need uppers to drag myself to work. Metaphorically, as we speak.


It's been the longest winter without you
I didn't know where to turn to
See somehow I can't forget you
After all that we've been through

Going
Coming
Thought I heard a knock
Whose there? No one?
Thinking that I deserve it
Now I have realised
That I really didn't know

If you didn't notice
You mean everything
Quickly I'm learning
To love again
All I know is
I'm be okay

Thought I couldn't live without you
It's going to hurt when it heals too
Oh yeaah
It'll all get better in time
Even though I really love you
I'm gonna smile because I deserve too
Oooh it'll all get better in time

I could have turned on the TV
Without something that would remind me
Was it all that easy?
To just put us out your feeling

If I'm dreamin
Don't want to let it hurt my feelings
But that's the past I believe it
And I know that time will heal it

If you didn't notice
Well you mean everything
Quickly i'm learning
Oooh turn up again
All I know is
I'm be okay

Thought I couldn't live without you
It's gonna hurt when it heals too
Oooh yeah
It'll all get better in time
Even though I really love you
I'm gonna smile because I deserve to
Oh it'll all get better in time - Better In Time, Leona Lewis


Had night class and it was (groan) Media Research again. Tribiani didnt turn up today so that left Jackie-O and me. The thing with this subject was that the textbook was utter rubbish and I didnt see the point in going through it. Yeah it was like my Creative Writing class with Izzy the other time. I could cover the basics within 2 hours in the first lesson and we all could twiddle our thumbs for the rest of the unit.


Twiddle twiddle

Anyway back to Media Research and Jackie-O... I dove straight to the assignment just now and helped her brainstorm her Research assignment. She decided to do something on online gaming - WoW to be exact. We spent more than hour just throwing ideas back and forth. She even gave me a lesson on Counterstrike, Simms, Maple Story and WoW during the discussion. It's great when you can talk to students like you are some old friends. I've taught Jackie-O for only 3 times and we are behaving like we've known each other for years. I like mature students :)

Mentioning students...

I have this university student, let's call her Jambalaya. Jambalaya always likes to stay back after class to hang out and chit chat with me for a while. Few days ago, she did that again and somehow we ended chatting about her life (me being the eternal kaypoh person). Initially, we were reviewing the things we talked about in class but that led to saucy details.

She suddenly chose to unravel her secrets to me and shared her sad plight. Oh there was deception, abuse, date rape, angry sex and every other thing one could not imagine. I'm an open-minded person and yet I couldnt help but feel disturbed.

Jambalaya was on the verge of tears as she related her story. Her pretty make-up seemed threaten by the bursting tear ducts. I tried very hard to be non-emotional. Afterall, I wasnt sure what kind of reaction she would like to see from me. Anyway I was really saddened. I didnt exactly break down and sob into her arms but yes, I felt for her.

Situations like this make me really glad that I am doing what I am doing. I cannot exactly make much difference in all the students' lives but I am here if you want to talk to me. I can provide you the listening ear and if it's really needed, a hug or two.

I really wanted to tell Jambalaya (who's around my age...like most of my uni students!) that things would be all right. But I held back a little. I didnt know if it's a wise thing but I ..well..I didnt do it. Looking back, I should have given her a hug and told her that things would eventually fall into pieces and she would get her groove back.


See, my maternal instincts are coming out, okay.
Oh well.


It's almost 0300hrs and I need to be at work by 0845hrs. I shall have to go back to my books and aim to sleep by 0430hrs.

Come to think of it, why do I bother to sleep?

A thousand times goodnight, shrinks and Aunt Aggie.


###

No comments: