Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ironic

I sit here shivering in the Mass Comm room, nursing my sandpaper throat, pneumonia-like cough, an escalating headache and heavy eyes. Am really feeling the pits. Aspirin is within reach but the consequences are not really desired. I have a class tonight.

Lunch is threatening to come up.
I can feel the tomato-ed penne dying to come out.

I slept early last night...unwittingly, of course. 10 hours and strangely it didnt seem enough. Eyes are heavier than having just 3hours of slumber.


Anyway, the word for today: LYNCHIAN

LYNCHIAN refers to a particular kind of irony where the very macabre (morbid; ghastly) and the very mundane combine in such a way as to reveal the former's perpetual containment within the latter.

So yes, there is something ghastly in our mundane everyday world like: frustration, greed, lust and diseases.


Of all the macabre in the world, I have to get the latter.


*weak smile*


###

No comments: