Monday, April 28, 2008

Angel of Harlem

Have been dateless this weekend so I really got myself acquainted with bed and TV. Was watching That '70s Show until sunrise, laughing myself stoned on Sunday morning. Why wasnt I born in the 70s? It was an awful cool decade.


I'm a closet hippie.
Spawn of Janis Joplin.

So yeah, I ended up watching some Malay drama on Malaysian channels RTM1 and TV3. I seldom watch Malay (and Indian) shows (especially Malaysian ones) cause they are all so sad. They are like my Achilles’ heel or something. Somehow, I succumbed today and I ended up a wreck. I was bawling on the mother's bed. Stupid sad show.



The show used Imran Ajmain's Seribu Tahun song as its main track. I've never heard of the song before (though I've heard of its popularity) and in my emotional trainwreck-ness, I fell in love with it. So sweet...and sad. It's a glorious mess.

Oh well.
Enough of Malay shows and songs for the time being.
Too emotional.


On a happier note: 37 MORE DAYS TO NEW YORK



Going to Big Ap-ple!
Going to Big Ap-ple!

I am suppose to plan an itinerary cause most likely I will spend some time alone from Rae, Lauren and Clara. I'm a loner, can? I dont know. I dont like to rush and I know it's stupid, but I like to just relax, absorb everything at my own pace and check out every nook and cranny.

Again it may sound stupid, but I just might want to sit in some park or cafe sipping freaking coffee. Of course I'll go Niagara Falls with the ladies. That and the Statue of Liberty and Broadway.

I am not that stupid as to miss them, okay? Haha.

I really want to check out the musuems, the book stores, the cafes (Serendipity 3!), the parks, Wall Street, Ground Zero, NY Fashion House, Ellis Island, 30 Rock, Times Square, NYU, Tisch, Little Italy and Soho Village. The latter is of course to feed my hippie instincts. No time to cover everything actually. Especially if my "lepak" mood kicks in. I may just end up somewhere watching a street performer sing Big Yellow Taxi.


I can be damn bo liao like that, in any part of the world.

And true to my duh fashion, right now I am greatly concerned as to how to charge my MP3 player when I am there in New York. Will it even survive the 20 odd hours on board Cathay Airlines? No way am I going to bring my laptop there. Or, should I? Should Snow White get to see the Apple?

Considering I lug Snow White all the way to Hong Kong and KL for no reason, I just might. She and I are going to end up in some cafe in NY so that I can blog about being there. If I dont bring, how to charge MP3 player? Gah.

What clothes to bring?
What bag? What shoes?
Heels? Flats? Sneakers?


Man. As you can see, I am in the holiday mood already. This coming month of May, I'm going to just zoom pass it. Don't hold me back, people. Don't hold me back.

Shit. Monash books are calling. Back to work.

Bummer.

A thousand times goodnight, starsailors and wanderlusters.


###

No comments: