Friday, September 09, 2005

A bear with a perpetual PMS


It’s almost 1000hrs. I heard something. It sounds like the rumbling of thunder. Eh wait…it’s just my screwed-up stomach.


5 minutes of my life…


The Keys to Your Heart


You are attracted to those who are unbridled, untrammeled, and free.

In love, you feel the most alive when everything is uncertain, one moment heaven... the next moment hell.

You'd like to your lover to think you are optimistic and happy.

You would be forced to break up with someone who was ruthless, cold-blooded, and sarcastic.

Your ideal relationship is open. Both of you can talk about everything... no secrets.

Your risk of cheating is low. Even if you're tempted, you'd try hard not to do it.

You think of marriage as something precious. You'll treasure marriage and treat it as sacred.

In this moment, you think of love as commitment. Love only works when both people are totally devoted.




Your IQ Is 110


Your Logical Intelligence is Below Average
Your Verbal Intelligence is Genius
Your Mathematical Intelligence is Average
Your General Knowledge is Exceptional




..sigh..I am the most illogical being on Earth. But no fret, having a brilliant verbal intelligence and an impressive general knowledge, I can counter being illogical. Sheesh...what the fuck, right? Hah! As for maths…hey, I took mass comm for a reason.



I am in love with this show…Les Choristes. I know the fascination comes a tad late but I finally caught it last night. It was beautiful and after a terrible and emotional day, it was nice to settle for something so heartwarming.

The night didn’t start too nicely. I came home and heard the father scold the mother about the sister. The father didn’t understand how the sister could stay away to study (or party..no one knew) for 2 days’ straight at a friend’s house.

The sister was at fault because she didn’t inform the father. So the father kept nagging at the mother for not taking care of the daughter. At this point, I was getting fuming mad. Why is it when things get choked up, words like “she’s your daughter” surfaced? Isnt it “our daughter”? I raised my voice and spoke my piece. I didn’t know whether I was defending the mother or the sister…or just to shut the father up. He soon left for work on a bad note. Me? I took a shower in the dark loo..lit 3 candles because, you guess it, the freaking bulb was fused again.

I sat outside and watched TV/ate dinner/read newspaper alone. The mother was in her room…upset, I’m sure. I felt so sympathetic. But Growing Up Gotti was funny so I just laughed that feeling off. At about 2200hrs, she wanted to watch a show in the living room. So I had to bring my combat ration of mobile, watch, soto ayam and water bottle into her bed room to catch LOST. Then I received an sms from my sister…which got me seething mad. I was raging.



Then the mother got a phone call. It was the sister. I was super pissed at her for making everyone so worried and upset. I began to scream in the background. I don’t know why now..but I just lost it. I told the mother to get the friend’s address and all that crap…even threatening to report to the police.

Maybe deep down, I knew my sister wasn’t exactly studying. Maybe she wasn’t at her friend’s house. Maybe she’s with her boyfriend (or boyfriends?). I was so pissed that she was not taking her N Level seriously. I lost it because I’m tired of seeing the mother being dumbed by the sister…who kept on lying. I really felt for the mother who loved the sister so blindly that she couldn’t tell that her daughter wasn’t telling the truth all the time. I lost it because…she’s my sister. Shit can happen to anyone else but not my sister.

..sniff..

Surprisingly, the mother took it quite well. A simple woman believed anything. There I was hounding her asking “What did she say? Where did she go?” but yet, I refused to talk directly to the sister, preferring to scream at the top of my lungs.

Yeah..i was like this.


I continued watching LOST…feeling damn damn damn angry. Then after that, I went outside and tried to “physically be there” with the mother. There was nothing else to watch so I popped Meiling’s VCD…Les Choristes. It was the tamer French version of Dead Poets Society/Holland’s Opus etc etc…but it was endearing still. I think I’ll buy an original and keep it. Tears welled up in my eyes…and I wanted to cry like a baby. But I couldn’t. The mother was also watching at the back. I wonder if she could see me wiping tears from behind. Whatever it was, it was hard suppressing the flow.

And right now…I just need a good cry.


Vois sur ton chemin
Gamins oublies, egares
Donne leurs la main
Pour les mener vers d'autres lendemain

Sans au coeur de la nuit
L'onde d'espoir,
Ardeur de la vie
Sentier de gloire

Bonheurs enfantins
Trops vite oublies, effaces
Une lumiere doree
Brille sans fin tout au bout du chemin

Sans au coeur de la nuit
L'onde d'espoir,
Ardeur de la vie
Sentier de gloire
- Vois Sur Ton Chemin, Les Choristes


Okay I know this is gibberish to you. But erm..with the help of a pseudo-useful online French dictionary and my semi-useless French, I will pathetically translate.


See you on your way
Forgotten kids, mislaid
Give them your hand
And lead them for tomorrow

In the darkness of the night without
The wave of hope
Heat of the life
Path of glory

Innocent happiness

Is soon forgotten, erased
A golden light
Shines continuously at the end of the road

In the darkness of the night without
The wave of hope
Heat of the life
Path of glory


Man…
What’s our lives coming to?

###

No comments: