Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I should be working for Rolling Stones magazine!!!





THE magazine, man...

Anyway...


smile is a frown upside down... says:
Ohaiyo gal something come up and some of my friend will not be able to make it for this Sun walk... U still on or we postpone it to later this year?



Haiyah…Sungei Buloh hike is cancelled. Dammit.
But wait..there’s a silver lining.
That means, I can catch the repeat of Malaysian Idol finale on Sunday morning instead of rushing home on Friday. Right!

Yeah yeah.

JD Fortune has officially become the frontman of INXS…a band consisting of old Aussie fogeys who think they can relive their musical glory. JD is the perfect candidate for them because…well, he has the Hutchence style and voice. And frankly, that was the only winning formula INXS had back then.


Marty and Mig? They will be great NOT being in INXS.

The pretty (but I think her boobs are fake) Brooke Burke mentioned something about a season 2. hmm..what band now? Let me think…

- Guns N Roses
- Blind Melon
- Rage Against The Machine
- Suede
- Soundgarden
- 4 Non Blondes
- Soul Asylum
- Queen
- Yes
- White Zombie
- Black Sabbath (come on Ozzy has lost it)
- Fleetwood Mac

Hah. I think Guns N Roses will be a great because Axl Rose doesn’t want the band anymore. But I wonder..will Slash be interested, now that he has his own band?

Fine…revive Blind Melon then.


…………………………………………………………………………………

Liah sent me an MMS…



…but that woman didn’t mention where she got this bloody piece of snack. It was my favourite junk food, okay! Together with Cheese flavoured Twisties (red)…who could resist that???

Like like Mail, I like chicken. “Like” is in fact, a gross understatement.


Anyway..anyway…


The Q Award Ceremony is just around the corner (damn far corner…in London!) and since I could remember, it was the best accolade Brit music could get. Heh, apart from the Smash Hits Poll! Hahaha! Anyway, 2005 sees the revival of my favourite band…jeng jeng jeng…OASIS. I think I may be motivated enough to vote man. Long live Brit Rock!

And the nominees are…

BEST NEW ACT
Nominations:
Hard-Fi
Kaiser Chiefs
Jem
Magic Numbers
MIA
James Blunt

Ed’s Choice: Ed loves Jem…but James Blunt is a bigger likely.


BEST TRACK
Nominations:
James Blunt - You're Beautiful
U2 - Vertigo
Oasis - The Importance Of Being Idle
KT Tunstall - Black Horse & The Cherry Tree
Coldplay - Fix You

Ed’s Choice: Heart goes to Oasis…but head goes to James Blunt. Ed sticks with her heart.


BEST LIVE ACT
Nominations:
Green Day
U2
Oasis
Muse
Coldplay

Ed’s Choice: Fuck lah…how come Green Day and U2 are in here? Of course they are most likely to win right? 2005 is Green Day’s year, mah! Damn I am torn. Argh..argh..it’s o..oa..Green Day. Maybe Q voters stick to their Brit love..cross fingers and eyes.


BEST ALBUM
Nominations:
Oasis - Don't Believe The Truth
Coldplay - X&Y
James Blunt - Back To Bedlam
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
Goldfrapp - Supernature

Ed’s Choice: Man, this is hard. Goldfrapp and Kaiser Chiefs are dark horses. But I’m not sure if they are “strong” enough to garner more votes than the highly commercial Coldplay. But personally Ed chooses…Don’t Believe The Truth!


BEST VIDEO
Nominations:
Oasis - The Importance Of Being Idle
The White Stripes - Blue Orchid
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc
Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For
Green Day - Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

Ed’s Choice: Oasis win…for the fact that we see Liam and Noel dance! Priceless! Glad that Blunt’s You’re Beautiful is not in here. It looks like Coldplay’s Yellow MTV, dammit!


BEST ACT IN THE WORLD TODAY
Nominations:
Coldplay
Green Day
U2
Oasis
Muse

Ed’s Choice: Muse??? Do the people in Alaska know Matt Bellamy? Wait…they may not know Bono either. Sorry..not going to stick to Oasis because they have yet to conquer the US. In fact, they wont ..because they don’t like it. So I’ll go with Green Day. As you can see, I am not big on U2 and Coldplay.

Question.
Where the hell are the Stereophonics??

---------------------------

Oh well.

It’s freaking cold here in the office.
Not being able to sip my hot Milo doesn’t help.
Heh.
Less than 3.5 hours.
Endure.

Meeting the Moonies later…I hope someone brings a camera.

###

No comments: