Wednesday, September 28, 2005


I have officially become the pariah of the MT team. I feel (strangely) good. At least people know that I am not a fucking yes-(wo)man. Yes boss..yes boss. You all can go to hell.


And hell is a damn crowded place…like Ibiza.


Lords Of Dogtown (2005)



Pictures from Sony Pictures.

All the skateboarders (or rather, the actors) are all younger than me. Gee, I feel damn old. Anyway, I like John Robinson’s Stacy Peralta (macam Taylor Hanson..mmmbop!) and I think Emile Hirsch looks like a Leo DiCaprio.


There were many little (and some, nonsensical) cameos in the movie by the real Jay, Stacy and Tony themselves. And the part where Tony Hawk made an appearance was..well..laughable.

Whatever it was, I love the movie. But then again, it could be because I love the soundtrack of the movie, Heath Ledger, the California dreaming bummer lifestyle and the 70s. I love the 70s man. Those were the coolest years ever. If i were in that era, I’d be a guitar swinging hippie (a la Skip Engbloom) with no care in the world…getting smashed at Woodstock, getting high with Jimi Hendrix and eventually die like Janis Joplin.


Fat, short-sighted and she rocked…just like..ahem..me.


Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waiting for a train
And I's feeling nearly as faded as my jeans.
Bobby thumbed a diesel down just before it rained
It rode us all the way to New Orleans
I pulled my harpoon out of my dirty red bandanna
I was playing soft while Bobby sang the blues
Windshield wipers slapping time
I was holding Bobby's hand in mine
We sang every song that driver knew

Freedom is just another word
For nothing left to lose
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free, now now
And feeling good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues
You know feeling good was good enough for me
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee

From the Kentucky coal mines to the California sun
Hey, Bobby shared the secrets of my soul.
Through all kinds of weather, through everything that we done
Hey Bobby baby kept me from the cold
One day up near Salinas, Lord, I let him slip away
He's looking for that home and I hope he finds it
But I'd trade all of my tomorrows for one single yesterday
To be holding Bobby's body next to mine

Freedom is just another word
For nothing left to lose
Nothing, that's all that Bobby left me, yeah
But feeling good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues
Hey, feeling good was good enough for me
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee
- Me & Bobby McGee, Janis J.

Am feeling sucky here at work…so I indulged myself in chocolates. Haven’t had chocolates in a week, man. And you have a freaking toothache! Now, I’m kind of high…high on chocolate. It’s a remarkable feeling. Work? Who cares about work when you have chocolates? Chocolates are good enough for me.

Remember Mona…

"Freedom is just another word
For nothing left to lose
Nothing

Don't mean nothing honey
If it ain't free..."


I have everything in the world to lose. But I don’t give a damn. The only thing I care about is the love from my family and friends. And they basically tell me to do what I want. Call me selfish. I just don’t care. So *gives a finger*..up yours, cruel world.

.....
Funny Trivia

Mona was on the bus to Serangoon NEL last night, resting her tired bloody ass on a lucky seat. A woman boarded the bus and she stood beside Mona. Mona turned her head to the right and saw her bulging tummy. “Ah, a pregger,” Mona thought. So she got up and offered her seat to the pregger, who was beginning to move to the back. Then she realised, the pregger was actually a middle aged woman with a fat stomach. Mona was embarrassed so she stood at the door, pretending to be unsure of her route. It was hard to pretend because Mona was actually quite streetsmart.

Then the next morning on her way to work, Mona sat on the bus. She was listening to her MP3s in a comatose state when she turned her head to the right and saw a woman with a bulging tummy. “Ah, I am not going to fall for this again,” Mona thought. Then she continued to sleep happily on the bus.

Looking back, Mona thinks the woman was indeed pregnant.

###

No comments: