Thursday, September 29, 2005

Where is the moment we needed the most?

PK came up to me and said Terence had bought a new album and it was nice..and he recommended it to her and she recommended it to all. I thought…hmm…what “underground” music these people could be listening? For the uninitiated, most of my MT people listen to damn obscure music like Chinese techno, xinyao, jap, anime themes, opera pop (tell me about it!). So I was quite curious…

PK: Open the publishing folder. The album is inside.
Me: Whose folder?
PK: Terence. If you want, you have to copy. We will delete it later.
Me: Ok..this one?
PK: Yeah. New album.
Me: James Blunt? This is not new!
PK: New! It came out last month.
Me: Right..it cant be last month. His first single has been playing for months. At least 3-4 months already.
PK: It’s very new. I heard it just now..very nice.
Me: Yeah yeah…

I don’t mind James Blunt…but his music sounds like Coldplay and David Gray and Damien Rice combine together.

Come on guys! I know my music okay! Then Richard asked me:

R: Then what do you want? Have you heard of Friend Ferdinand?
M: (choking back on laughter) Fren..what? Franz Ferdinand? I have.
R: You want Blur?
M: I have all the albums.
R: Air Supply?
M: I have.
R: Red Hot Chilli Pepper?
M: (walking away) I have..i have.

Then I asked Terence.
M: Hey, do you have Daniel Powter?
T: Huh?

Heh.They should borrow my stuff.Then everyone will be headbanging to Nirvana.

STOMP!


They were great..deafening..fantastic. The audience were such a great bunch (except the guy next to me who kept making weird throat noises and belched, coughed, yawned, burped, gurgled, anything you could imagine. And he’s a yuppie of late 20s, okay!).

Anyway, I have to thank Rae for inviting me. I cant believe not a single friend she called earlier was interested. “The rest of my friend are not as arty-farty as you, lah!” she said.

Excuse me? Farty, yes..but arty? I celebrate creativity and talent, that’s all. Just because no one celebrates mine doesn’t mean I have to be bitter, right? Anyhow, thank you once again. It really made my sucky Wednesday. I felt relaxed and the fact that I could holler and scream was a great catharsis.

i screamed..i screamed..ice cream.

And oh, the Esplanade Theatre was awesome. C’est magnifique. I felt like I was in an opera house. After last night, I cannot imagine forking out money to watch concert at the crappy indoor stadium. The theatre’s acoustics were splendid. I can imagine La Boheme, West Side Story, Rent, Annie, A Streetcar Named Desire, heck..even Moulin Rouge on that stage. Or a freaking rock concert. What a smash!

La Boheme…I fell in love with it because of Baz Luhrman.

All right enough gushing.

Oh well.

When I reached home, I was again engulfed in sadness. After the euphoria died down, I guess, I was back to reality. I sat down on the toilet bowl and cried and cried and cried. I must have cried for at least 45 minutes. I played scenarios after scenarios in my head, possibilities after possibilities. I can be a great method actor. I got so sad and bawled my eyes out. They became swollen and painful…and I felt a sick sense of satisfaction after that.

Don’t you just love Botero? Fat people cry, too you know.

I smsed Sha..asking if she was online. Drats, I forgot she lost her phone. I smsed Lauren…yeah, the one who’s in China. Lauren always gets to listen to my shit. Thanks for listening. She didn’t reply though.
Anyway…

I just wanted to say thank you to those who were concerned. I really had a freaking bad day yesterday and feeling absolutely down in the dumps. I tried to read Q before I went to bed but my eyes were stinging.

Then this morning I woke up with super puffy swollen eyes. Guess what I did? I unwrapped my new concealer and mascara from Paul & Joe and used them. I got on a roll…so I took the Anna Sui face powder and then the Anna Sui rouge. The eye liner..the eye shadows..the works.

It felt good to look pretty, huh? I intended to hide the puffy eyes and now, I am here in far-out Ubi looking like a hoochie-mama. But if it made me feel slightly better, I'd gladly take it. Let’s say if I were to die in an accident today, I would at least look pretty.



Today will be a better day simply because it’s Thursday. And the fact that I actually wear make up to work today is a reason good enough to be a great day. It’s Friday tomorrow and I may meet Liah for a c-session. Don’t know where to go though..now that Phuture is out.

I think the Romeo & Juliet rings I (and susan and sha) saw at Heeren will definitely cheer me up, haha. I’ve been looking for them for 9 years. $50 though…sigh…steep, I know. I know.

Oh well.I just hope I’ll not have a bad day today.
Why?
This stupid mascara is not waterproof!!

Where is the moment we needed the most
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
They tell me your blue skies fade to grey
They tell me your passion's gone away
And I don't need no carryin' on
You stand in the line just to hit a new low
You're faking a smile with the coffee to go
You tell me your life's been way off line
You're falling to pieces everytime
And I don't need no carryin' on

Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song
Just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile
And you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down
And you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

Well you need a blue sky holiday
The point is they laugh at what you say
And I don't need no carryin' on

Sometimes the system goes on the blink
And the whole thing turns out wrong
You might not make it back and you know
That you could be well oh that strong
And I'm not wrong
So where is the passion
When you need it the most
Oh you and I
You kick up the leaves
And the magic is lost

Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song
Just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile
And you go for a ride
You had a bad day
You've seen what you like
And how does it feel for one more time
You had a bad day
You had a bad day - Bad Day, Daniel Powter

Apt. Very apt, indeed.

###

5 comments:

hobomobo said...

Hey, your liking the performance is better than any words of appreciation. Hate to waste tics on people who don't appreciate stomp. I even have colleagues who said the show was too noisy. Hullo? The show is about celebrating noise, rhythmatic noise!

hobomobo said...

Hope after a good cry-fest, you feel tons better! *hugs*

hersheychoc said...

hey you.. yeah sorry i can't be there.. shld have just called me at home... niways, lucky you! get to watch STOMP! i also wanted but now got no kaki.. sianz..

Ed RockStar said...

Too noisy??? WAhlao...have they attended a Chinese funeral?

Ed RockStar said...

anyway 'choc..it was too late to call you. as for STOMP, come on..i am sure there are people who want to watch it with you.