| Your Blog Should Be Purple |
![]()
|
| Your Brain's Pattern |
![]()
|
Ironically, the place where I sense the most boredom and clamped happiness is at work. Well, so much for work being the cesspool of creativity. More like a breeding ground for yeast, fungus, bacteria…bla bla.
So where do I tap for great ingredients in cooking up the stories of my life? Easy. The movies, of course. Hah. I caught The Perfect Catch on Friday night. Well, it wasn’t as good as the original Fever Pitch because of my biased love for the game in the latter. However, I like this one because of…Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon (who is a good candidate for that cute-loser category).
When I grow up, I want to be Drew Barrymore…
Seriously now…wherefore art thou?
Drew doing the team strategy.
I forgive the Farrellys for casting Fallon instead of a certain Sandler or Stiler (whom I both love too!)
Go watch it for the schmaltz!
Anyway…
My weekend was greatly interrupted by more tragic drama that didn’t concern me AT ALL! Again, what did I get myself into? Girlfriend, I can pledge you the moon and the stars and all the friendship in the world but there is something missing on your part. Your fucking honesty.
I give up. I don’t know who to listen to – you or your mom. Technically I should listen to you because your mother is not my friend. However, I don’t know anymore. and as for your stupid little marriage…I’m sorry…I don’t give a bloody damn anymore if it’s still on because…again, I’m sorry…I am damning it now. The guy is turning out to be a tempestuous (and I seldom use big words here) under-aged bastard and I am hating him for that. If what your mother said was true, then I am utterly, utterly disappointed in you because girl, you lied to both of us. The 2 sad souls who waited at your void deck in the cold. You lied through your teeth and in our faces. 10 years of friendship and we still cant get a simple assurance that you’re better off without him.
You: I’m like that. I’m just like those girls who give up everything for love.
Me: But you always end up burnt, girlfriend! (yes…I talk like some hoochie mama with my girls)
You: You don’t understand…
Me: Hell yeah I don’t understand!
You: You don’t know…
Me: Yes whatever…you ditch everyone. Remember, it will be so hard for you to share your sadness and joy in the future because there’s no one around.
You: It’s very complicated…
Me: I’m sure it is..let’s not talk about this already.
I’m holding a piece of white cloth and I’m waving it sadly…it flapping limply in the air. I give up. I aint a wedding planner no more. Your 1 week of matrimonial madness is driving me insane. Not only that, I sense a rocketing phone bills. But that didn’t matter until…the moment, I lost all my trust in you.
And by the way, don’t talk to me about adat (rites and traditions) because if you know your adat, this marriage wont take place so fast and you guys should get engaged first. And if you are REALLY talking about adat, HE should be the one going over to your house and explained/apologised/begged for mercy to your family and not the other way around. I’m tired of this crap…and it’s slowly painting a negative view of couplehood in my single brain.
(Disclaimer: It’s harsh and insensitive of me to do this when you are at your lowest low. I’m sorry. I don’t want to partake in an activity that I don’t know and don’t understand.)
GROW A FREAKING BACKBONE, WOMEN!
Awrite..awrite...enough angst for a lame Monday morning.
.....................................
Saturday 3 Sep 2005
Was quite a memorable day. Met Rae and we went to the Jing Shan Primary School reunion aka alumni tea party. was expecting loads of familiar faces but well..not. I saw Lu Weizhong!! He was my partner in crime back in P5 and P6. we, together with Desmond and Xie Zhiwei, would sit at the back and instead of listening to the teachers, we ended up ribbing and tickling one another. Erm..yeah. Nice to meet him again and i was surprised how at ease i really felt. it was really like talking to a childhood friend. i felt so comfortable that while chatting, i got into a very unglamorous sitting position...with my legs up and all. It doesnt sound quite right here somehow.
Then i met Julianna...who's also a teacher like Weizhong. I found out that the Big Mouth Zhiwei is also a teacher. Rae, I, Julianna and Madam Lee exchanged gossips hard and fast. It was damn weird but entertaining. Weizhong reminded me so many stories from those days. i totally forgotten them all as memories of Mayflower overtook them all. i was so glad he came. brought me back to my growing days, you know. he updated me on all the people that went to Anderson Sec and AJC with him (practically half of the class, lor!) and shared a gossip or two. i would have given him a hug but i think he could not take that. afterall back then, i was more of a boy than he was. haha.
I also saw teng han (my secondary school classmate), mei mei, guokai, xiangfu, sim song kai and *gasp* yang zhi jie! i had *ahem* a thing for him back in P5 (yeah..i was a slut. how?). but sitting in front of me last saturday was a 26year old beng... aiyoh....what happened?
I walked back with teng han. we were talking about our days in MF...and his cute little secret, which unfortunately, was an open secret to everyone in the class back then. he pressed me for some informationa and even wanted to go somewhere to "talk" about it. Err..we didnt in the end. at my void deck...he confessed something which tickled me so much. it turned out this unlikely romeo was "seeing" sim mei chin although she was attached. Oops. I didnt want to know! now, it's all too much information!
....................................
Met Liah and Clara yesterday (I should seriously considering going out with guys, hah!) and it’s always nice to meet up with the fellowship. The little one was scouting for a dress to wear to her sister’s wedding. She was planning of hiring a jazz band for her sister and so, I got susan to ask sean for me. Hope it all turned out well and maybe next time, I can “charter” the band for my wedding.
A jazz band for a void deck malay wedding?
Imagine these guys ...
…playing here.
Unthinkable? Maybe. Maybe not.
Clara: Out of all the replies, yours was the most disappointing.
Mona: What? About CL’s giving birth?
C: Yeah! I was so excited when I found out about it but you sounded so uninterested..
M: Well, I knew she was pregnant all along and giving birth was a natural step.
C: You knew she was pregnant and you didn’t tell us?
M: Why should I tell you people? She’s married and besides, I thought you guys knew about it long ago.
C: Why should we know?
M: Because you and Weiling know her better than me, what!
C: No..we were not in the same class.
M: But you guys share the same groups of friends.
C: No we didn’t…we hated their class!
M: So all the more why should her breeding matter to you?
C: …should have share the news, mah. I was so excited to share the news with you guys…
M: Well I’m sorry that I didn’t share. Anyway, it’s her business and besides, I emailed her personally and got to know about it.
Girls give me headache.
Guys give me heartache.
Just gimme cold sex. With fries. Take away.
Right.
###


No comments:
Post a Comment