Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bennie and the Jets

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to meeeee.

So it's my birthday. The funeral band has stopped playing.
Think it's lunch time. Oh wait! It's playing again..zoom!



Not one lavish affair but not less meaningful, I am sure.
Condolences to the family.


Mentioning lunch... the mother woke me up at about 1030hrs cause there was a call for me. It was the auntie, wishing me a happy birthday and then proceed into giving me a lecture on how girls shouldnt sleep in until the sun rose way above their heads..yada yadi yadu. Kill me. I am only tired.

Anyway, since I was already up, might as well check the kitchen. Ta-dah..my birthday lunch.

No, the mother didnt prepare laksa, crabs, egg mayo because it was my birthday.
I happened to have them on my birthday for lunch.
Never mind.



Crabs...I am beginning to itch.
Crabs and prawns = archilles' heel


So Friday didnt see me having dinner with Meiling and Sharinah. I didnt go to the hospital cause I didnt want to bump into an unsavoury relative. So I just went to Raffles City to sulk a little and window shop a little. Bought something for the headgear party (heheh) later this evening and decided to go home. Decided not to again...and asked Meiling out for a movie at AMK Jubilee.






I like Katherine Heigl in Grey's Anatomy and she's charming in Knocked Up. So it's not a surprise that I want to see her in 27 DRESSES.

This film sparked my recent Saturday morning entry on ..you know..wishing someone out there will marry me eventually. Hahaha, it seems silly now. Anyway, 27 DRESSES is a typical chick-flick (written by those who did Devil Wears Prada) but you know...it's sweet and funny and James Marsden (oh my Mr Cyclops!) is so cute as a writer/photographer. There are many gowns and beautiful weddings. Everything is ... nice.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jane: I never do anything like this.
Kevin: I know.
Jane: You do?
Kevin: Yes, you kept repeating that over and over last night - I never do anything like this... I NEVER do anything like this... I never do ANYTHING like this...

.....

Jane: I feel like I just found out that my favorite love song was written about a sandwich.

.....

Kevin: [in Jane's apartment, with her showing off her dresses as she pulls out a loud-looking Gone With The Wind dress] What is that?
Jane: [holding the dress up to herself] Theme wedding!
Kevin: What was the theme? Humiliation?

.....

Kevin: Dont you have needs?
Jane: No I dont. I'm Jesus.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



I'm Jesus, indeed.

So yeah, the film saw Meiling and I gush every 10 minutes. And yeah, even though she has never (or seldom) mentioned it, I am sure deep down, she too wants to settle down. I know my Meiling. My belief was confirmed when she decided to join (as in..pay/subscribe) the online dating service a few months back. Me ... I still feel that I have many good years to remain like this.

I think?
I dont know...prove me otherwise.



###

No comments: