Therefore it is natural that I want to watch ACROSS THE UNIVERSE.








ACROSS THE NIGHT is all singing, all synchronised dancing, all sex, drugs and rock and roll. I like.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
JoJo: Music's the only thing that makes sense anymore, man. Play it loud enough, it keeps the demons at bay.
...
Army Sergeant: Is there any reason you shouldn't be in this man's Army?
Max: I'm a cross-dressing homosexual pacifist with a spot on my lung.
Army Sergeant: As long as you don't have flat feet.
...
Sadie: You got a good memory for faces?
Max: Yeah, I think so. Why?
Sadie: There's no mirror in your bathroom.
...
Jude: What are you going to do if you don't go back to college?
Max: What any irresponsible, unmotivated, drop-out would do. Go to New York, like tonight.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
One of the best shows I've seen lately and I thank God (and Lauren) that I managed to catch this in time.
Across The Universe has many subliminal messages --> the creation of Apple, the transcendantal meditation period of the 60s/70s, the rise of Jimi Hendrix, the superficialities of the flower-power revolution back then and of course, the need for rock and roll. They re-sing the works of Beatles and even though they are not as great as the originals, the efforts are praiseworthy.
Jim Sturgess is a dream. A perfect British lad dream. Very John Lennon, very Ewan McGregor, very Jonny Lee Miller, very Liam Gallagher...very ooooh! Oooh.
I want to go Liverpool.
Okay film class is starting.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment