Monday, January 07, 2008

Counting the days

Wonder if anyone realises that this place hasnt been updated for 3 days.
3 flipping days.

It's revived (kind of) now, at 0350hrs on Monday morning.
Just because.



Finally, the trip to hell was over and done with. I was supposed to be done with the book on Friday. As I was editing and finalising stuff at 1700hrs, I did one of the most stupidest things I've ever done in my life. I deleted a chapter.

Not any chapter.
It was the chapter with the most text and info.
It was on Journalism and I thought it was a masterpiece.
I just had to delete it, hadnt I?

So yeah, I was panic-striken-shit, I tell you. Couldnt continue. My mind went blank. I decided to meet Clara and Lauren and Marina Square for dinner instead. I just went cold in the office. Being the drama queen that I was, I almost cried when the boss came up (after hearing me scream) and said "WHY?? HOW COULD THAT HAPPEN?"

Thanks.
How did that happen?


The boogeyman did it!

Anyway, had dinner and then Ismail joined us and we went for a movie - American Gangster. 3 bloody long hours (I slept 1/3 of the show ... guess the heart wasnt in it also) and by the time I got home, it was almost 0300hrs. Tried to do some work but failed. Next morning, I dragged myself to office. "I should be fucking happy by now," I thought. But no...I had to delete the chapter. I spent the entire morning glued to Snow White.


Colleague: You look awful.
Ed: Hmmph.
Colleague: [rattled something about life, weather...God knows]
Ed: Hmmph.
Colleague: (stared at me) You didnt hear what I say, did you?
Ed: Hmmph.
Colleague: Eh Ed, you're so gone, man! Get some sleep!
Ed: Need..to..finish. Dont disturb. Buzz off.



Yes, I havent been sleeping for more than 3 hours since New Year.

At 1100hrs, I finally did it. I finished the book, with the help of Idaho who kindly helped me with the printing. Went to Shortcake's IT room after that, waved the sheets of paper in the air and jumped a la Tom Cruise on Oprah, screaming "It's done!!!"


Tears of joy, baby. Tears of joy.

And ta-dah!


The book is finished!


It's not the only thing that's finished.
Money.

Stayed back at work till 1830hrs when work hours supposed to end at 1300hrs. I was still on a high so I cleared the clutter on my desk, re-arranged stuff and started photocopying notes for my coming classes. I was on a roll. I even tipped the drawers upside down to check if there were any la cucarachas (roaches, lah).

Finally the "adrenaline" died at and I made my way home. But Raffles City mall was saying:


"Come in.
Buy something.
You deserve it!"


So yeah...I went in.

Bought 2 skirts. Made my way to the exit. Then Dorothy Perkins said, "We've got new stock!" and so I went in and bought 2 pairs of pants with my 20% birthday voucher. Met Meiling for dinner at AMK Central, reached home at around 2200hrs, read the papers and fell asleep on the floor around 2230hrs ... all the way to 1200hrs Sunday.


Finally, sleep.


And just now, went to town for a while with Lauren and we came back with 2 pairs of (cheap) shoes each. Getting broke but hey, life is beautiful all over again.And yeah, it's my birthday month, god dammit. I need to get me presents :)

0430hrs.

Need to sleep now although the urge to update "backlog" (AvP2, American Gangster, Moonies' EoY party) entries is overwhelming. Tomorrow, I guess.

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun
Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs
And the sorrow
'Til there's none

When I'm stuck in a day
That's grey
And lonely
I just stick out my chin
And grin
And say
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day a way! - Tomorrow, OST Annie



Film class tomorrow afternoon and I havent prepared.
Just wing it.

A thousand times goodnight, sweet children of Mother Earth.


P/S: I miss Grey's Anatomy. I'm stuck at Ep 11. What's happening now?

P/P/S: Think I'm having a little "infatuation". Tsk tsk. So childish. But oh well. Just a crush. He'll never know. I'll never tell.

P/P/S/S: Movies?


###

No comments: