Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hallelujah I Love Her So

Argh.
So depressing.



After almost 8 years, I finally caught Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon this morning in preparation for my Film Class in the afternoon. And then, I watched it again during the class. 2 times back to back and now, I feel so depressed.

What I've learnt - True love dies.




I love Michelle Yeoh.

It's a beautiful movie and I've really fallen in love with it. The Gobi deserts, the mountains, the forest, the waterfalls...lovely. Most of all, I love the poetic language. Beautiful.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Li Mu Bai: I would rather be a ghost drifting by your side as a condemned soul than enter heaven without you... because of your love, I will never be a lonely spirit

...

Yu Shu Lien: To repress one's feelings only makes them stronger.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Sounds cheesy but hahaha, when they said them on celluloid, the words sound so nice.

Movie is overrated but you must understand, I am not an avid Chinese-film follower. Even if I am, you must admit, this is different than normal. Have you checked out the cinematography and other camera techniques? This is Lee Ang. It's so Lee Ang. I could see Brokeback Mountain in those tigers and dragons.

Oh well.


If the sky opened up for me,
And the mountain disappeared,
If the seas ran dry, turned to dust
And the sun refused to rise
I would still find my way,
By the light I see in your eyes
The world I know fades away
But you stay

As the earth reclaims it due
And the cycle starts anew
We'll stay, always
In the love that we have
Shared before time

If the years take away
Every memory that I have
I would still know the way
That would lead me back to your side
The north star may die
But the light that I see in your eyes
Will burn there always

Lit by the love we have
Shared before time

When the forest turns to jade
And the stories that we've made
Dissolve away
One shining light will still remain

When we shed our earthly skin
And when our real life begins
There'll be no shame
Just the love that we have made before time - Love Before Time, Coco Lee


Another day, another drama.


###

No comments: