I like my Film Studies class because I get my revenge. All those painful times spent during my Film Class in ECU, sitting through undigestible movies, can now be inflicted back to my students.
Last week I showed them Un Chien Andalou, this totally bizarre silent French Surrealist film to them. On Monday, I screened Battleship Potemkin, a nationalistic and profound silent Russian fare. I thought today's treat was much pleasant, unlike the earlier black and whites. But I was wrong.
How would I know Woody Allen's Annie Hall was so bad for them?
Come on, it's witty, intellectual, colourful and there's freaking sound!
It turned out they dont get the jokes, the cinematography was boring and it was too Americanised (New York-ish). Guess the students totally deserved the silent treatment.
Think I should just show them Charlie Chaplin films right till graduation.
###
2 comments:
miss mona!!why u so mean..muahahha
i am mean. chet!
Post a Comment