Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You'll be safe here

Another thespian bites the dust and it's Heath Ledger this time. I like this guy since Home and Away ... when he was that hunk of a surfer dude down at Summer Bay. When I see him again on 10 Things I Hate About You, I (and the rest of the world I suppose) was charmed.

This is tragic.



Perth wouldnt have done that to you, Heath.
It wouldnt.
So long, Ned Kelly.

"[on playing The Joker in The Dark Knight] The Joker, so far, is definitely the most fun I've had with any character. He's just out of control -- no empathy, he's a sociopath, uh, a psychotic, mass-murdering clown. And, uh, I'm just thoroughly, thoroughly enjoying it. It's just exceeded any expectations I had of what the experience would be like."

"I only do this because I'm having fun. The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away. I wasn't going to have fun doing a teen movie again.... I don't want to do this for the rest of my life....I don't want to spend the rest of my youth doing this in this industry. There's so much I want to discover."
- Vanity Fair (August 2000)


I guess he has stopped having fun.
Gosh.
We need to have fun, people.

Right.

This coming from one manic depressive to another.


I've been searching for you
I heard a cry within my soul
I've never had a yearning quite like this before
Now that you are walking right through my door

All of my life
Where have you been?
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
And if that day comes
I know we could win
I wonder if I'll ever see you again

A sacred gift of heaven
For better, worse, wherever
And I would never let somebody break you down
Nor take your crown, never

All of my life
Where have you been?
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
And if that day comes
I know we could win
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
And everytime I've always known
That you were there, upon your throne
A lonely queen without her king
I longed for you, my love forever - Again, Lenny Kravitz



Tragic, indeed.
But forever young he'll be.


###

No comments: