Last Friday, Mail, Lauren and I watched American Gangster at Marina Square.







American Gangster was a 3-hr film and I slept half of the time. All I know is that the movie is damn long and that Russell Crowe looks like Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter.
But yeah...I get the story.
I have the pirated DVD to watch it again also.
Then came last night...






THE DARJEELING LIMITED is extraordinarily witty, painful and ironic. Like The Royal Tenenbaums, Wes Anderson has mastered the art of portraying a dysfunctional family which talks of nothing.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jack: What did he say?
Peter: He said the train is lost.
Jack: How can a train be lost? It's on rails.
..
Patricia: God Bless You and keep you with Mary's benevolent guidence in the light of Christ's enduring grace. All my love, Your Mother, Sister Patricia Wittman.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Darjeeling Limited doesnt have drunken-bar-brawl slapstick humour. However, its dialogues alone strike a chord to most of us who were watching. The film is not exactly rocket science but well, you cant take it at face value as well. So many hidden messages. So subliminal.
Recommend this show. Just because it is slightly stylishly underrated, simple and sarcastic at the same time.
All right.
Saturday has drawn close. Will tell you more about the Saturday escapade later. Tomorrow, I'm trying to catch Across The Universe and Elizabeth. In the mean time, sleep beckons.
A thousand times goodnight, spin doctors.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment