Nani kind of "pissed" that I suggested the birthday celebration to be done on the 19th (Saturday) instead of the 20th. Couple of weeks ago she asked if she should take leave but I told her no need so yeah...Kind of understand her pissiness. Oh well. Sean (and Susan) cant make it for Sunday lunch because they have their own family gathering.
Me? Well, I am not exactly very happy on Sunday evenings. Think I can say that for Lauren too. Guess it has to be high tea if we were to still continue to get on with it. Celebrating my birthday is starting to feel like a chore now. Hmmm...maybe should just skip this year's and next and we'll meet again in 2010. If I am not dead then, that is.
Stupidity aside.
I have "celebrations" lined up just in case I screw up the actual day haha - on the 18th, on the 19th (shall have it at the hospital, I guess), 25th, 26th. What? Me party like a rockstar?. Yeah, like real. I am just having one-on-one sessions with friends, I guess. More personalised, yes?
It's 1140hrs now and I just ended a "side-lined project meeting" ;) . I will have another "project" meeting at 1400hrs later at Arab Street with my writer. He says his books have sold so well, he has to come up with another, and he wants to rope me in again. Yay.
*Yawn*
When is this stupid working day be over?
Went to bed early (0230hrs) cause I've got a major headache/sleepiness. After I left work at past noon, I went to Yishun to the NPCC unit to settle some stuff. Only managed to leave that school at about 1800hrs. Went for eyebrow threading and dinner and by the time I got home, it was 2030hrs. Showered and ran out at 2100hrs to town.
Lauren and I caught The Darjeeling Limited last night and hahahahahahaha totally weird...uber bizarre. Sheer hilarity to me. Not sure about others but I dont give a shit 'bout them. We got out of the theatre in a surreal state of mind.
Lauren: What the hell did we just watch?
Ed: I have no idea. Funny ... but bizarre.
Lauren: 2 hours of what...nothing?
Ed: Hahaha! Just like Seinfeld!
We were still in a Darjeeling daze after leaving the building and my headache was threatening to hit boiling point. But no, we didnt go home even though we could still catch the last train. We wanted to have ice cream ... but we changed our minds and headed to Acid Bar at Emerald Hill instead. Grubs, drinks and good music ... my headache transformed to utter sleepiness. I even talked to Lauren with my eyes half closed. At 0200hrs, I found myself crawling into a cab. Take me home, dear taxi man.
Ed: Eh, damn sleepy. I cannot take it.
Lauren: You are reaching soon.
Ed: Dont think ..I..can..zz..make ..zz..it.
Lauren: DONT YOU DARE SLEEP NOW! We are entering Avenue 5 already!
Ed: Wahlao I cannot open my eyes now lah! Think I might fall asleep in the lift.
Lauren: Gross..you can roll back home.
Ed: Can you roll me?
Lauren: If you fall asleep in the lift, then it's obvious that I wont be there, right?
Ed: True.
Lauren: ...
Ed: Argghh..think I'll just crash the funeral below my house.
Lauren: Huh?
Ed: There's a funeral at the void deck. Maybe I can just sit in and sleep.
Lauren: Siao!
Ed: ...but feasible.
Got home. Realised Lexie Grey was at home and couldnt sleep. I caught her looking at me when I crept into the house. Talked to her for a while, got out of my stinky jacket and then I was dead. Of course I had trouble waking up this morning. Is there even a doubt? Again, take me to work, dear taxi man.
Days before being 28 are starting to be a blur.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment