Am on a half-day break today and I shall leave the asylum at 1315hrs.
Why did I take half day?
Just because.
Manny is going to tender her resignation soon. This is sucky. I hope she gives this another thought. I do understand where she is coming from...but still, it's disheartening to lose another (wo)man, not when we all depend on one another to keep our sanity in check. Yes, the MassComm grrl power.
...which is slowly fading away.
So yeah, let me take this half day to regain a bit of my sanity. Need to psych myself for the impending 28th birthday (next week..o my freaking god) and eventually, old age and senility.
Of course, I have to be in the office again tomorrow. Have I mentioned that Saturday is a wasted day for work? Oh I have? Let me say it again: Working on Saturdays are sure fothermuckers. Grr.
Awrite. Shall head to Yishun to the NPCC unit. Need to collect my unwashed uniform which had been rotting in the NPCC room for 2 months. Wonder if I can still fit in them.
Talking about NPCC, I havent been back for almost 2 months. I really miss the kids and the uniform, the hot sun, the screaming, the interaction, the football/floorball/basketball game after training and then having lunch with minors. Yes, I have been donning the uniform for 15 years (!!!!) and I am still loving every minute of it. I hate my job now for taking me away from it. I mean, they dont even let me reschedule my working hours on Saturday. I propose a schedule of me coming in at 1300hrs and leaving at 1800hrs but Abby refused. I mean, I am throwing an hour more than the initial 9-1pm. But the bloody chee bye said "You can only do that if you have an afternoon class." Fucker.
Other people can re-arrange their time because they have part-time external school (PhD, Masters,etc) but I cannot because mine is just volunteer work. They are leaving me with no choice. I shall have to use my annual leave.
Some people indulge in alcohol, some people have sexual affairs, some take weed ... I want my outdoors fix. That's all I need. Dont make me work 6 days a week and deny me of my only pleasure. There's only so much pleasure (and money) shopping can give me.
And I dont even like shopping.
Is it 1300hrs yet???
###
No comments:
Post a Comment