Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I am the walrus

So the father was warded. Went to hospital and then back. Felt the urge to "let loose" (what a lame term) so I shut the door (thank god for locks), plugged up the MP3 and blasted My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, Muse, Placebo, Amy Winehouse (huh), Justin Timberlake (double huh?) and Oasis for some rockstar moments.


Minus the tight pants for I was in my towel.


Screamed into my bottle of deodorant (mic!), picked on my air guitar, jumped from the bed with imaginary pyrotechnics flaming behind me, riotous crowd lapping it up. I am the eggman, you are the eggman, I am the walrus..kookookechoo kookookechoo. Rock legends would have been so proud of me hahaha. Right, Jimi?


Err...Hendrix?


Was at it for an hour, ending with loud-as-hell Santana/Rob Thomas doing Smooth. After being so tired, I finally took a shower at midnight.


The brother did the laundry and I folded the clothes.
By the time I get to Snow White, I was semi dead.
Didnt want to sleep on the floor so I retired without finishing work.

....

Last Sunday saw me movie bingeing with Lauren and after Across The Universe at 1315hrs, we caught another one about 5 hours later.







Didnt plan to watch this but well, saw it I did, ELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE.


Historically, this film (E:TGA) is a bunch of bullcrap. Some things are over emphasised and some things just dont happen. So, dont really count on it on being a true account. Androgynous and hideously ugly (thank god for talent) Cate Blanchet makes a mean queen but I thought everything else seems rather plain, kind of chick-flicky. Not much of a purpose and a wastage of characters. Kind of slightly disappointed actually. I have never seen the film before this (Elizabeth) but I like to think that it is better than E:TGA. Gah, to think I reprimanded meself earlier for being bored too early.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sir Walter Raleigh: We mortals have many weaknesses; we feel too much, hurt too much or too soon we die, but we do have the chance of love.

...

Sir Francis Walsingham: Phillip of Spain is a god-fearing man who cannot declare war without a just cause. I intercepted every letter Mary Stuart secretly dispatched, but failed to see Spain knew I was reading them. They waited for her to write the words that in my eyes would confirm her treason.
Forgive me. I am trapped in my own web.
Queen Elizabeth I: And I ordered Mary's execution. I murdered God's anointed Queen. And now God's most dutiful son makes Holy War to punish me.

...

Queen Elizabeth I: We shall have to look out a husband for you soon, Bess.
Elizabeth Throckmorton: Not too soon, my lady.
Sir Francis Walsingham: There are husbands to be had.
Queen Elizabeth I: [to Bess] Don't you want to be married?
Elizabeth Throckmorton: I'll want the marriage if I want the man.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

E:TGA boasts beautiful cinematography and I especially enjoyed the battle at sea with the Spanish armada. But to me, these are superficialities. Something is amiss. Maybe, heart. Or a stronger ..you know... message.

Shit.
Back to work.
Wait, after reading up about Elizabeth I first.


I've been down and
I'm wondering why
These little black clouds
Keep walking around
With me
With me

It wastes time
And I'd rather be high
Think I'll walk me outside
And buy a rainbow smile
But be free
They're all free

So maybe tomorrow
I'll find my way home
So maybe tomorrow
I'll find my way home

I look around at a beautiful life
Been the upperside of down
Been the inside of out
But we breathe
We breathe

I wanna breeze and an open mind
I wanna swim in the ocean
Wanna take my time for me
All me

So maybe tomorrow
I'll find my way home
So maybe tomorrow
I'll find my way home

So maybe tomorrow
I'll find my way home
So maybe tomorrow
I'll find my way home

So maybe tomorrow
I'll find my way home
So maybe tomorrow
I'll find my way home - Maybe Tomorrow, Stereophonics



###

No comments: