Thursday, December 27, 2007

Bachelorette

Meiling roped me into this online dating stuff a few days ago and as a lark, I registered as a superficial member (meaning: not a subscriber, just a cruiser aka cheapo). I had to post some lame biodata thing and pictures and then, sit back and watch men fall at my feet.

Well, sort of.

Now I have various types of men viewing my profile and dropping by some chat messages. I cant chat with them because I am not a subscriber although I can see what they write to me. Some innovative ones dropped their email/msn addresses and well, I did manage to "chat up" 1 or 2.

However, am kind of regretting all this online dating bullcrap. My mailbox is flooded with visit notices from some sleazeballs, some as far as Europe, asking for my warmth to keep them from the freezing cold of dead winter.


What the hell happen to blankets?
Quilts, monsiuer?


And how the hell do you flirt with someone you just know minutes ago online? How do you tread the line between being romantic and disgustingly cheesy? How do you expect me to react when upon introduction, you tell me that you will give me the stars and moon and everything in-between? I dont want all of that. I barely even know you. You're freaking me out and I'm searching for my pepper spray.

Gah.
Guess I have no romantic bone in my body.
Either that, I am allergic to tackiness.

I am trying out what Weiling has asked us to do. Be proactive. Take the initiative when looking for that special someone. But I guess this online dating stuff is not my thing. Be nice, be polite...very hard, lah. I'm not nice and my pictures are always deceiving. I am not as shinyhappy as my pictures depict.

For those romantics who have tried ..err..chatting..err .. me up. I'm sure you are nice (and cheesy) but I am a bit of a cynic and I have absolutely no idea how to respond to your exaggerated promises of undying devotion. I... I... dont know what to do with people like you. Boo hoo hoo.


P/S: Okay, I am exaggerating. Better stop before it gets out of hand.




###

No comments: