







NATIONAL TREASURE:BOOKS OF SECRETS boasts an all-star cast of Nicholas Cage (cant stand him), Diane Kruger, Jon Voight, Helen Mirren, Ed Harris and Harvey Keitel. However those names fail to lift this film to new heights.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ben Gates: [underground in the Hall of Records in Mt. Rushmore] Riley, what do see?
Riley Poole: Death and despair! Mostly death. I mean a little despair, last few seconds. But then a hard sudden death.
....
Riley Poole: So let's recap: We've broken into Buckingham Palace, and the Oval Office, stolen a page from the President's super-secret book, and actually kidnapped the President of the United States. What are we gonna do next, short-sheet the Pope's bed?
Ben Gates: Well, you never know.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Some of you may have heard of my utter disdain for Nicholas Cage. How could someone that fugly and wooden get to be the lead? Sometimes I wonder too.
But it was a must for me to catch National Treasure 2 because as much as I hate to admit it, I really enjoyed watching the first instalment. So when the trailer for NT2 came out, I thought "Hey, maybe it is as good as the first one. Let's see!" And besides, I really like anything which has something to do with history and treasure.


Puzzles, riddles and eventually treasure.
I like.
However, National Treasure 2, though entertaining, one cant help feeling a certain been-there-done-that. The plot is exactly like the first one, down to the inept baddies. It gives the Lara Croft-Raiders of the Lost Ark kind of feel, only cheesier. Reason being that this is a Disney production. The route to the treasure is also a bit unbelievable. I mean, the first one is a fantasy but at least, it has the potential to be real. This one is laughable.
Anyway, NT2 is not that bad as it does entertain. It has witty liners that may have gone unnoticed so do prick your ears. Like I Am Legend, character and plot developments arent really the priority. A pity cause NT2 has really good cast. This film is still way better than The Hitman and yeah, it beats being at home during this festive season.
I tried though.
I really dont like Nicholas Cage.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment