Sunday, December 23, 2007

Too Much Love Will Kill You

I woke up early considering that I slept at almost daybreak. Gave Meiling my word that I would meet her before noon.







GOOD LUCK CHUCK wasnt in the plans. After watching it, I am still rooting my grounds. I mean, I like idiotic fuck-shit humour just like the next 15-year-old horny boy, but oh come on....


xxxxxxxxxxx

Stu: I'd suck a fart out her asshole and hold it like a bong hit.

....

Charlie: Don't look at me in that tone of voice.


xxxxxxxxxxx



Jessica Alba is somewhat hot, we all know that. But I do believe she has no comic timing in her bone. She is wooden and her breeziness seems put-on. Stand-up comedian Dane Cook is just one crazy monkey on speed, a Jim Carrey wannabe. His lack of chemistry with Alba emphasised his 2nd rate aura ... behind the likes of Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller, Carrey, Steve Carrell and Will Ferrell.

Just like most romantic comedies, Good Luck Chuck does have its aww-so-sweet moments. However, these are a few. There are too many unnecessary fucking scenes which dont help the story at all. I know sex sells and I am sure the many men in the theatre enjoy it but too much of a (supposed) good thing spoils the experience, right?

This film wants to go along the way of Something About Mary, 50 First Dates...but it's just like American Pie 3 to me. I had more laughs watching Dude, Where's My Car?. But, let me reiterate. Jessica Alba is hot.

Guess with that, logic goes out of the window.



Meiling and I hung out at Plaza Singapura the whole afternoon. Finally bought her a (very very) belated birthday gift which did dent my pocket. Serves me right for being ever so tardy.

In my previous entry, I did mention meeting Meiling hoping that she could inject her grrl power to me. I was wrong, though. Throughout the whole day, I was rained with stories of her online dating experience. O me, o my!

Guess everyone needs a little attention and some loving sometimes.

Off to find me my own respite.

A thousand times goodnight, wind chimes and talkers.


P/S: Jay+Jo, sorry had to can our plan. Susan, sorry couldnt come over. Got last minute stuff. Dreary, indeed.

P/P/S: Shall go swimming later.


###

2 comments:

GiGi - The Shy Giraffe said...

Glad I did not watch that movie but end up watching In The Valley Of Ellah.

It was ok, expected much more, maybe more action or more of a mystery thriller...sigh.

It was aight.

Ed RockStar said...

nah save ur money and watch something else!