After work, Meiling lured me to VivoCity with free movie passes. I was tired of course --> after a week break, who wouldnt be? Still I zombied my way down.
We went down to catch









MICHAEL CLAYTON has built up a lot of hype, thanks to the Oscar nominations. Maybe I was tired, I found the first half of the film a tad too slow. I did find myself nodding off at some little parts. When I fully regained consciousness, haha, it was still the same scene.
Guess I wasnt prepared for much talking.
xxxxxxxxxx
Michael Clayton: You are the senior litigating partner of one of the largest, most respected law firms in the world. You are a legend.
Arthur Edens: I'm an accomplice!
Michael Clayton: You're a manic-depressive!
Arthur Edens: I am Shiva, the god of death.
xxxxxxxxxx
Anyway, once I got sleep and initial bore shock out of the system, Michael Clayton is actually a pretty good flick. Clooney is cool and the plot is actually very gripping --> clever and intriguing. If you fancy yourself as an intellectual, catch this show. Just dont watch it after a long and tiring day cause the endless yakking can be quite daunting.
Personally, I feel that there are more that can be done to Michael Clayton. Characters need to be developed further and certain scenes can be deleted cause they spoil the continuity of the film. The pace needs to be slightly tighter and booom! Major hit.
But then again...this slow-burner has already become a box-office success in US.
Oh well.
God damn tired.
Oh, I saw Mr Cool Yuppie on my way to work today. He zoomed past me, looking ever so good (in my opinion, lah). I wanted to catch up to say "Hi!" but my heavy haversack was weighing me down. Sigh. Wonder when will I see him again.
Not that it matters though haha.
Okay. Back to .. sigh.. work.
A thousand times goodnight, fairy dust sprinklers and tooth fairies.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment