Wednesday, December 26, 2007

These are the days of our lives

Got these from Liah. These, of course, were taken last Sunday at TCC.


Ed, Liah, Weiling.



Yeah I got so fat cause I stole Clara's food. Happy?



Clara, Liah, Ed and sickly Noreen.




Few more for the road.

Guess that wrapped up 2007 for us collectively.
Hope to see more of you ladies next year :)

Oh well.

I woke up today to the sound of Jamie Oliver clanging away in his kitchen. The mother was staring at how he cooked his juicy turkey. Yummy indeed.

Continued my stupid marking. Head and chest began to hurt cause the assignments made me so frustrated; badly written with atrocious language and all. Had to intersperse with watching feel-good/fuzzy heartwarming xmas shows on telly so that..you know..I dont blow up and die. Marking can be that frustrating, right teachers?


Right.
Things will get crazier once the Monash term starts.
Lord have mercy.



At about 1800hrs, the mother and I decided to go NTUC. But first, I stopped by McDonalds cause..haha..Meiling wanted me to collect my xmas presents from her. Yeah, she is the only one who faithfully gives me presents every year. Long live Meiling!

Grocery shopping was maddening. It was like the whole of Ang Mo Kio population decided to have a go at the supermarket. Trolleys were zig-zagging everywhere, children were screaming and urgh...I just wanted to throw ragu pesto at those rude "aunties" who jostled their way around.


Must get spam.
Must get spam.
Must get spam... or so they chanted.

The mother was supposed to get some stuff for dinner but we got distracted at the 'Halal meat' section. We saw stuffed happiness in a box.


Turkey, lah!

With images of Jamie Oliver carving his turkey in our minds, the mother and I decided to get it. We immediately rushed home to get our turkey dinner done.



What would have happened if we had watched Jamie carving ham?
Oh the power of the bloody TV.


So we got home. But first, I had to rip off the wrapping and find out what Meiling had given me :)


Pardon my bugsy teeth.



#1: Disney Princess notebook.
I think Meiling sometimes forgets that I am already 27.
But well...I do like Snow White :)




#2: Ria/Warna Radio calendar
I have no idea who most of these people are.


I saw another calendar in the package.
Another one?
Just how many calendars do one need?


OH, WAIT!


#3: JAY CHOU CALENDAR!!
Something for keepsake since I cant afford his concert tickets.



#4: Coffe Bean's mug
Something to stop my whining about how my hot water turns to ice in the office.


Thank you, Meiling!

Oh the mother also got me something, seeing how sunburnt my face was.


Old skool cheena-piang face powder.
Thank you, ah.


..
..

Once I got rid of all the wrapping paper and the excitement, it's turkey-time.


Yeah yeah, it's already pre-made.
What? You expect me to start from scratch?
Hayle naw!




Once the turkey was in the oven, it was time to do the mashed potato.


45minutes later...turkey's cooked and carved.



Too crispy.
Typical Malay...always like to overcook things haha.




We all finally had dinner at 2130hrs - turkey, potato, gravy and pita bread.
Think we were "merrier" than some Christians I know.
Tsk tsk tsk.


It's 0300hrs now.
There's half a turkey left.
I have indigestion.
And work to do.
Have a good boxing day.


A thousand times goodnight, colon cleansers.


P/S: Did anyone catch last night's Asterisk/Obelisk versus Cleopatra? It was bad dubbing. I swear it was much funnier in French. Had a more enjoyable time watching it at the movies.

P/P/S: Did you watch Peter Pan? Nice right? I watched it at the cinema and I was tearing at some point. Where the hell did my childhood go? I do believe in fairies. I do! I do!


###

No comments: