Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Don't go breaking my heart

The father saw me throw 6 pairs of shoes last Saturday morning.



And so, yesterday, he bought me these.
Not a fan of Crocs, but hey, if he's buying, I'm taking.


Hate to admit but..Crocs are comfy.

I also got a jacket and a silly-looking dress from the father. The sister got some rings and stuff. He even bugged me to get a diamond ring but I didnt fancy any. Why the generosity? I guess he wanted to get something nice for us before he checked into the hospital and have his heart bypass operation. Ho hum.


Mentioning Saturday morning, it was the Moonie event of the year..Jay+Jo's wedding. I woke up at 1000hrs and decided to go to the cobbler's with 4 pairs of broken shoes. 3 pairs could be saved. The other one pair...still in limbo. Anyway, I had to have at least one pair fixed cause otherwise, i wouldnt have any shoes to wear to the wedding.


At 1130hrs I was still at AMK Central. Started to panic cause I was supposed to be at the church at 1215hrs. When the cobbler was done with the final pair at 1145hrs, I ran all the way back home, grabbed a dress, popped in the contact lenses, dabbed on the powder and mascara...and ran all the way down with high heels in my hand. Lauren was downstairs in a cab at noon. Crazy onions!



Lauren and I were the door bitches at the wedding.
We took the ang pow before letting people in.
Heh.



Groom Jason (right) and one of his "brothers".
Nice pose, guys.
"Nice".


Soon the rest of the moonies - Ismail, Tini, Sean, Susan, Sha, Alfie - came and joined us at the door. Nani and Andrew were late while Grace...overslept.


At 1315hrs, the programme started with someone singing and all. Soon, we saw the bridal car with Jo in it.



Susan and I posed with Jo the Bride.


Anyway, the ceremony went well with Jason throwing in a surprise item for his bride and guests - a song from Michael Buble entitled That's All. Soon the ceremony ended and that was a cue to camwhore.


These are just samples from the many poses we had.





Everyone was with his/her respective partner.
Mine was ...err... Lauren.



Tini, Lauren, Nani, Jo, Ed, Sha, Susan

One of these kids is not like the other
One of these kids is not the same
One of these kids is not like the other
Now it's time to play our game
It's time to play our game



With the bridal car.


After that, we attacked the buffet line. Think we were hogging the dessert table. The cakes and mini sandwiches were so yummy.


We left the church at Kovan around 1500hrs and we headed to Starbucks at the Central Mall down at Clarke Quay where Grace joined us and Nani left us for work. Sha and Alfie didnt join cause they had another wedding to attend. We had a dinner reservation at 1930hrs at Kintamani Restaurant @ Furama Riverfront. So we decided to kill time at Starbucks. Too long a time actually.



Didnt take many pictures at the Indon resturant.
However, the food was great.


Jay and Jo could only join us around 2035hrs but wahey, I was glad that they turned up at all. Was too busy eating and yakking and we didnt take shots. Am still waiting for pictures from Mail and Sha though.


Went over to Grace's new place slightly past 2200hrs to scout the bbq area for our NYE party. Mail, Tini, Jay and Jo left soon after while Sean, Susan, Lauren and I were stuck to Grace's Nintendo Wii game till 0230hrs in the morning playing this silly but entertaining rabbit game. Came home with aching arms, no thanks to the manic hand motions.



Wii wii.


Well, we were screaming, dancing, stomping and running all around the house laughing our asses off at two in the morning. I want to get Wii too...



...and then my friends will never seem me
...and I'll never see daylight again.


Awrite awrite. It's time to retire. Need to get to the hospital bright and early later. The father is having his heart bypass operation tomorrow at SGH and ... sigh... I dont know what's going to happen after that. He can be hospitalised for at least 2 weeks to a maximum of 1 month (like my auntie).




His operation is scheduled at 1100hrs and it will take about 4-5 hours. After that, his unconscious body will be whisked to the ICU for a couple of days. At this period, he will have scary-looking devices attached to his body. I dont know if I can stomach this sight. I am just afraid I will break down seeing him attached helplessly to the devices.


I dont like a helpless father and I dont like scary-looking devices.


Pray for things to run smooth. Thank you.


A thousand times goodnight, well-wishers and cardiologists.


P/S: Think I will take a walk around VivoCity while the father is in the operating theatre. Need to calm down in a contained, air-conditioned place.


###

No comments: