Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm singing in the rain but you cant hear a sound

That was scary. I saw a flash of my old demon creep out just now.
And trust me, no one should ever be allowed to be near me when the beast appears.


The weather gloomy...just the way I like it.
The wind is howling...just the way I like it.
The rain is pelting down the asphalt...just the way I like it.
I just wish I am somewhere else today. Like in a Ritz Carlton room with the bed facing the sea...all comfy in my PJs and just lying snuggly under the covers.


Oh...the sister is leaving for Chiang Mai at the end of this month for some missionary work with her school. Me, envy? Of course, lah! You know I like to do this kind of thing. But man...this will be good for the spoilt brat. Let her work, let her feel how it is like not to have someone cleaning after her, picking up crap after her. Give her some humbling experiences and hopefully, she will be a nicer person to live with. Heh.


The thing I like about social service is that although the initial plan is always to serve and help others...we are the ones who benefit at the end of it. We find ways to improve the lives of others and at the same time, improving ourselves.

If only everyone is given the opportunity to do so, the world will be a happier place. Not necessarily richer, but happier.


(emailed)

###

No comments: