Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Here and there for the whatever

Lionel Lewis is in Male and I am so jealous of him. I want to be in Male too. Singapore is getting too depressing for me. But one thing I am thankful for. Thank you God for making me independent and self-reliant. If I were needy and clingy, I wouldn’t know how I could survive these dark ages.

Thank you for making me strong. I am still going on strong.


My roaming session just now brought me to Waterloo Street. To Kwang Imm Temple, to be exact. Or something like that...



Anyway, Waterloo Street is a very colourful place. Have always been fascinated with that place. Interesting place with interesting people.

Photos were blurred because I was walking and too shy to stand still and snap properly. *cough*excuses*cough*






Went inside the temple and well, was stopped by the guards. Crime: Taking photos. Damn. Still, it was a great experience. Being inside the temple…seeing so many devotees…I think I should go to the mosque one of these days. It’s really high time.

After that, we got hungry. Destination: Fu Lu Shou.



Oh well..Then we continued our walk. And then we ended at Cathay House…and we actually sat there for an hour. Bummers.




Time check: 1800hrs. 90 minutes to our movie. So, we continued to walk and then we parked ourselves outside OG. This time round, we were on a manhunt. Verdict: The grass is always greener when imported.





Humph.

Then finally. Finally. It’s movie time. This time round, it’s TAKE THE LEAD.





The movie starts slow in the beginning. It tries to introduce the main characters and then tries to develop them, though not much of a success. But, it being a ghetto/dance movie, the characters and plot are predictable and oh-so-unnecessary. Still, it doesn’t matter because everything else about it screams “hot!” The cool kids, the uber-slick hip hop moves, the classic rhumba/foxtrot/waltz, the fiery, sizzling tango and the romantic old songs (souped-up or otherwise).

If you like You Got Served or Honey, you will like this one. It has its typical sweet/touching moments which will make you go “Oh corny!” but that aside, Antonio Banderas is really credible as a dance instructor (ignore his samaritan character because that's unbelievable) and well, I don’t normally say this about old men, but..he’s hot.

Anyway, yeah..Take The Lead is a cool movie which features beautiful oldies (I am an old jazz/soul person, lah). And somehow after watching it, you will feel the urge to take up dancing.

Tango anyone?



Besame besame mucho
Como si fuera ésta noche
La última vez
Besame, besame mucho
Que tengo miedo a perderte
Perderte después

Quiero tenerte muy cerca
Mirarme en tus ojos
Verte junto a mi
Piensa que tal vez mañana
Yo ya estaré lejos
Muy lejos de ti

Que tengo miedo a perderte
Perderte despues...
- Besame Mucho, Evora Cesaria

###

No comments: