He ming you ji hui he lei tai deng zhe
Shen shi zhuang ying le shi me leng xiao zhe
Tian xia shui de di yi you ru he
Zhi gan ge wo bei shang ni de
Wo de quan jiao liao de
Que nai he tu zeng xu min yi ge
Jiang hu nan ce shui shi qiang zhe
Shui zheng yi tong wu lin de zhi ge
Xiao cheng li sui yue liao guo qu qing che de you qi
Xi di guo de hui yi wo ji de ni
Jiao ao de huo xia qu
Huo…
Huo jia quan de tao lu zhao shi ling huo
Wo…
Huo zhe sheng ming jiu gai wan zheng dou guo
Wo…
Guo cuo ruan ruo cong lai bu shi yu wo
Huo...
Wo men jing wu chu shou wu ren neng duo (Huo Yuan Jia)
Wah..I think I can sing it even faster than him if I practise this every day. Heh.

Where to find this Ah Beng?
Saw the message on the SF yahoo group and well…it’s a long message. To cut the long story short, a blog is a blog and it is going to be personal whether the readers like it or not. I don’t know. Most of us vent our frustrations in it and usually, these frustrations will never be heard in the light of day. It definitely has to be taken with a pinch of salt. You like it, read on. You don’t, then stop. It is someone’s nonsensical rambling and it is not an academic journal.
I did entertain the thought of “locking” this (like Jay and Ismail) but I don’t know. Maybe deep down, I do want people, other than my close friends, to read about my life. I want people to read about the common life and go, “Hey, I’m like her too.”
I take pride in being common and heartland-ish.
Anyway yeah…there’s bound to be someone who sometimes doesn’t get it. It is natural. Young people (which I consider myself still am) are always angry. We sometimes do not know why we are angry but that do not stop us from being angry. We complained, we griped, we groaned. But we never meant to kill.
Question: Would you just want us to be quiet and sit one corner like a lemon?
If you find us selfish, spoilt and insensitive, show us the way. Take us by the hand and show us what went wrong. It is not spoon-feeding…but it is an action. Talk means nothing. We need to be convinced.
Okay I am rambling nonsense.
Anyway, I had another rejection. Was I prepared for it? I guess so. But hey, it’s okay. Something better will come my way. Am I kidding myself? Maybe. But well, if I cant convince myself, then no one else can, right?

Life will be good. It will be. It will.
After collecting the brother’s IC just now, I accompanied Lauren to meet her friend and then after that, we split from there for she had another appointment. I made my way to Outram/Chinatown…hoping for the best travel deal. I ended up at SA Tours and I guess, it’s more or less settled then. I am always running away, aint I?
After that, I walked around Chinatown hoping to get a ham chin peng (ham chee peng? Whatever). Why? I don’t know. Been wanting to eat that for months. I scoured the whole People’s Park, Chinatown Market/Food Centre and the various streets, but I still couldn’t find any. I found Sarawak’s Kolo Mee, Hong Kong’s Tim Sum and Taiwanese delights..but I couldn’t find ham chin peng. An SOS message was sent and well, thanks CY2. Pearls Centre completely slipped my mind.

One salty one, one with red bean… and I was a happy girl.
So I sat at the courtyard of People’s Park Complex, together with many sleazy-looking Ah Peks, and ate my ham chin peng. Ah…this is life.
This is life.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment