Thursday, April 13, 2006

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Not much apparently. But I was very sincere today at the interview this morning and I am very proud of that because it was so easy to slag the former workplace off. I was also proud of the fact that I kept my cool even when they decided to ruffle my feathers so early in the morning. Breathe in..breathe out..God is just testing me.


Receptionist: Isn’t your appointment scheduled at 9.30?
Ed: Oh no…it states 9.45 in the email.
(10 minutes later)
HR: Isn’t your appointment at 9.15?
Ed: You stated 9.45 in the email. I am sorry. I must have gotten it all confused.



I freaking apologised! Must eat humble pie…must eat humble pie. Unbelievable. I still have the email. It states “945” in the subject heading. Unbelievable. I didn’t think yesterday’s crap will repeat itself. But it did.

However the appointment still went on as planned and I had a discussion with the HR person who was bent on giving me $2000. At that point, I silently went “whatever". I am sorry, and this may sound bad, but that amount wasn’t worth quitting my previous job for. And on top of that, it was not exactly a writing job. Why did I ever think it was? It was an editing job…of the educational kind. The same thing…back to square one. Subject? Maths and Science. Kill me.

I guess we can predict that outcome.




You may say I am choosy. But I have to be true to myself, man. Haha I sound like an American Idol hopeful.


I am mentally tired. Earlier I mentioned that it’s a do-or-die week. So far, it has been mostly dead. But well, the week is not over. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, right?

Man, I hate my enthusiasm sometimes.

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
You could be so many people
If you make that break for freedom
What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Still so many answers I don't know
Realise that to question is how we grow
So I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
You could be so many people
If you make that break for freedom
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
(Proud, Heather Small)

Well, I’ll start small. Next thing I can be proud of: Complete doing income tax filing for the whole family.


What Your Face Says

At first glance, people see you as driven and ambitious.

Overall, your true self is creative and expressive.

With friends, you seem thoughtful and interested in ideas.

In love, you seem mysterious and interesting.

In stressful situation, you seem like you're oblivious to the stress.




Lastly..


Your Values Profile

Loyalty:

You don't really value loyalty.
In your opinion, friendship should be earned.
If you don't agree with someone, it doesn't matter how close you are.
You'll let them (and everyone else know) exactly what you think.

Honesty:

You don't really value honesty.
You do value getting your way, no matter what.
And if a little lying is required to do that, no problem.
A few white lies never hurt anyone (at least, that's what you tell yourself!)

Generosity:

You don't really value generosity.
Your needs always come first, no matter what.
And you'll possibly help someone else out...
But only if it helps you in return.

Humility:

You value humility a fair amount.
You tend to be an easy going, humble person.
But occasionally your ego takes over.
You have a slight competitive streak - and the need to be the best.

Tolerance:

You value tolerance highly.
Not only do you enjoy the company of those very different from you...
You do all that you can to seek it out interesting and unique friends.
You think there are many truths in life, and you're open to many of them.


I do value loyalty but well, other than that, I am very low on morals. Maybe this is karma.

Hey, at least I own up to it.

Awrite. Enough moping and self-pity for now. It’s a nice day. Let’s get working and maybe, a cool and peaceful jog later.

P/S: I am normally not an emo person. It's the weather, I am sure.
P/S/S: I am too lazy to remove my make-up.

###