Sunday, April 16, 2006

Of Momo and mamas

Left the house at 2100hrs on a Saturday night…with utmost lethargy. Been slothing around and getting pissed the whole day. Kind of regret making plans to go out. But anyway, glad I went out eventually. Otherwise, it would be a premature bedtime session for me.

Sharinah, Clara, Lauren, Liah and I sat at the cafĂ© outside Momo. I got a surprised news from Weiling. She’s attached!

Happy for you, man. Clara said you deserve a man and well I agree to that…but then again, everybody deserves somebody.

Clara: Not me, lor.
Ed: Huh..
Clara: I think I’m a mean person.
Ed: And being single is like bad karma, right?


Does that make me mean? Ooh… mean girls. Oh well. Mean, mean lor. Who needs a man anyway.


Err..hmmm…

Liah left at 0230hrs to meet her boyfriend. See, 3/5 are attached. Clara, we must buck up. Or, let’s get together. I don’t want to spend money to hire a man for Noreen’s wedding this September. Wonder if I can get one FOC. Yeah I am cheap. Hey I’m not working. And Lauren and Clara were at the liveband section. So Sharinah and I were alone dancing like crazy to house music, which was a very good outlet for an angry person like yours truly. Eventually the two women came over and then Clara left. Anyway, read this excerpt from Lauren’s blog:


["...we were dancing when this group of mats danced beside us, inching towards sharinah. this guy in stripes then went up to her and told her his fren would like to get to know her. said guy is dressed in full black, with puffy (curry-pok) hair. and his name - halim. YUCKS! that's happening on my rite. on my left is mona, and beside her, 3 indian guys dancing. just when the sharinah-halim incident is unfolding, one of the indian guy asked mona something. and she shouted back at him 'u r asking me if i'm a man?!?!'

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

but then again, no matter how dark or badly lit the club was, how can anyone ever mistake mona for a guy? unless he's blind, which is so-not-possible. but mona was very sure she heard the word man from the guy. so we sat outside at the eatery again, thinking what could the guy had possibly asked..

r u a man?
r u with a man?
do u need a man?
ai sey man? (duh-ness from mona)
wanna work it with a man? (too long leh)
work it out man!

the list is exhaustive. imagine the guy asked a perfectly innocent question, and got shoted (sic) at by mona. poor dude." ]



Tsk tsk tsk.
I is not happy.
How come my boobs always go invisible in clubs?

Maybe he’s an Indian from India..and from where he came from, the men wore earrings, flaming red top, jeans and a pair of Red converse…and shook their booties to Destiny’s Child.

God bless India, then.

Okay…off for a dinner date with the primary school kakis.


P/S: I’m still a woman, okay? And I like Ah Bengs.

###

No comments: