Wednesday, December 06, 2006

For Brazil

I am damn tired.
Very tired.
Very very tired.


You scored as Theatre. You should be a Theatre major! Like a bohemian actress, you are seasoned and confident and not afraid to express yourself!

Dance

92%

Theatre

92%

English

92%

Sociology

92%

Psychology

83%

Linguistics

83%

Mathematics

75%

Journalism

75%

Anthropology

75%

Philosophy

67%

Engineering

58%

Biology

58%

Chemistry

58%

Art

50%


What is your Perfect Major?
created with
QuizFarm.com



Yeah. Should have enrolled in Juilliard instead. I would have come out lithe, lean and well-pilate-d. Maybe my daughter...


Mentioning lithe…


It is the time of the year when I wish I had submitted to anorexia when I was 16. The time has come. The line-up is out. Justin Timberlake will be there. And oh, don’t forget the angel wings. I want them all!


Damn you Victoria’s Secret’s models!
*slams head against wall maniacally*

Headed down to HTA in the afternoon to collect my new uniform. I hate new uniform. They are so uncomfortable. Was thinking of wearing my old uniform but I realise they are no longer “police” blue. Instead, my old uniform are looking kind of seaweed-y green. Great.

So with a big, bulging bag (2 sets of uniform, 1 polo shirt, 1 big hat, 1 pair of boots, 1 pair of heels) and a briefcase, I made my way to Marina Centre to meet Nani. We had the premiere of DÉJÀ VU to attend.

[Am I having déjà vu here? Isnt that…Jesus? Why…it’s Jim Caviezel! And, when else can you see Jesus together with Batman (Val Kilmer) and Coach Carter (Denzel)?]




When I saw the trailers, I thought “Ah, it’s just a Denzel vehicle. How come only he is highlighted? Must be the rest aren’t famous.” But boy was I wrong! There is Adam Goldberg, Jim Caviezel (still 2nd rated despite playing Jesus..sheesh!) and Val Kilmer. Man.

DÉJÀ VU is more science-fiction than supernatural. Somewhere in the middle, it gets very scientific that my scientifically-deficient kaki (aka Nani) gets a little bit lost. The movie is entertaining, though you have to discard the notion of disbelief; to-save-one-life-you-kill-50-others tops the list.


“What if you had to tell someone the most important thing in the world, but you knew they'd never believe you?”

“I'd try.”


Denzel is typically portrayed here – heroic, influential, stoic and resilient. He doesn’t flinch when he is shot, not aroused by an almost naked woman and doesn’t get a fine for reckless driving. He always gets his way and he always does what he wants. Typical, right?

Still, the show manages to relate without being too techie. You soon find the answers to some niggling questions triggered earlier in the movie. That is always a good thing. Don’t you just hate not knowing the answers after watching a totally intriguing movie? Open ending? Gah! If I want an open-ended kind of ending, I read my own diary.

All right. Editing has got to go tonight. Don’t think I have the energy. Was woken up this morning noon by the heavy drilling again and soon after, strangely, I caught a chill and been sneezing till now. Feeling feverishly weak and God knows how much germ have I spread in the bus just now. Going to Johor with Liah later. But you’re sick! Sickness can wait. Shopping cannot.

Aiyah how to sleep.
There’s Barcelona vs Werder Bremen in 10 minutes’ time.
Fine.

A thousand times goodnight, poetic slaves.


P/S: Okay I forgot what I wanted to say here.

###

No comments: