1. What is your favourite word?
“Yeah”
2. What is your least favourite word?
“Cannot”
3. What turns you on [creatively, spiritually or emotionally]?
The great outdoors
4. What turns you off?
Bad manners
5. What is your favourite curse word?
The pseudo-ominous “Fuck you!”
6. What sound or noise do you love?
Frank Sinatra’s voice
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
Ringing alarm bells
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
X-treme sportsman / Club DJ - - -it’s a tie
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"Come in, everyone's waiting...let's party!"
Yeah yeah..zhi ma gai men.
xxx
Walked in the rain to meet the mother at Golden Mile just now. Had difficulty getting coach tickets to KL until we were directed to Alisan Pte Ltd. Managed to get 3 tickets plus hotel accommodation.
Anyway, the sister doesn’t want to go so I have one vacancy. Thank God Sha wants to join me. Otherwise, when the mother goes off to meet her friend, I will be left spending the last days of 2006 on me own, probably on the treadmill in the gym perhaps.
Anyway, I found out that CY2, Vinz, Weixiang, Zhenni and JQ are going to be in KL as well. Yay! You guys can come over my hotel for a swim okay? And my hotel is near Chinatown so yeah, we can attack the pirated dvd sellers together…and the food, of course.
And of course, hopefully Zouk at night.
After dinner of a ridiculously spicy Ayam Penyet dish, I was very eager to rush off to town to meet Grace and Lauren. The former had asked me to join them to catch a movie because she happened to (conveniently) have free tickets. Thank you, Grace!
Before heading to the MRT station, the mother stopped to help this old lady, who was selling something at the Army Market Food Centre. She wanted to go to the toilet. The mother decided to assist her cause the floor was wet and she was afraid the woman would fall.
Why wasn’t I doing it? I don’t know. The mother got to her first, I guess. Maybe I was too excited thinking about the movie. Man, I am selfish. I deserve to have selfish friends.
Gah.
I reached Lido about 10 minutes late and the movie had already started. What movie? Hehehehe. Man Cheng Jin Dai Huang Jin Jia …
THE CURSE OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER.
Before I put up Yun Fatt and








I want to faint.
So many boobies.
Tsk tsk tsk…Not cold, meh?
"Gold and jade on the outside, rot and decay on the inside." (Director Zhang Yimou on his movie)
Little did he know it actually describes the entire movie. The Curse Of The Golden Flower (COTGF) is grand in terms of cinematography, boobs, stellar line-up, boobs, costume, boobs, opulence, boobs and style. However it is slightly ambitious with its fighting and plot turnarounds. While Gong Li is fantastic (she plays a raving lunatic very well), I think Chow Yun Fatt is under-used and almost insignificant. Jay Chou…well, some may say he is woody. But, and I am not saying this because I am his #1 Malay fan, you cant actually fault him because his character doesn’t require him to do much anyway. Besides, he is still "raw" as compared to Yun Fatt and Gong Li.
I think the typical Ah Lim, Ah Kow and Ah Soon can take over the role of the Emperor and all the princes. Their characters are not well-developed and their profiles are not interesting to begin with. God knows why the Empress has an affair with the First Prince in the first place. He is not good looking, looks pale and sickly.
COTGF splits viewers into 2 camps. From the reviews I read on the net, 60% love it while the rest don’t. I think if you don’t follow Yimou’s work (Red Sorghum, Raise The Red Lantern, Ju Dou, Qiu Ju, Hero, House of Flying Daggers, Riding Alone For Thousands of Miles, etc) and just watch with low expectations, COTGF can be entertaining. It has incest and family absurdities like Shakespeare’s Hamlet, soft-pornish boobs, battle scenes a la Lord Of The Ring’s The Return Of The King and many destroyed flowers just like the battered nurseries in Thomson Road.
Oh well it doesn’t matter.
I am just happy to see Jay Chou.
Hah.
It’s Boxing Day today and Chelsea drew with Reading 2-2. That was something. Tay Tze Siong was right. That badass “punter” said Chelsea would draw with Reading. Psychic. Liverpool lost and well, Arsenal won over Watford 2-1. Of course, the best thing that has happened tonight is that Man U beat the crap out of Wigan 3-0, although I must say we didn’t have the best of the first 45 minutes. Thank God Ronaldo came in later to work in the magic. Cant imagine if he’s on the bench still.
Okay. I really need to do some work.
A thousand times goodnight, turkey bacon!
P/S: I think the movie title should change to The Curse Of The Chrysanthemums.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment