Sunday, December 24, 2006

Too lost in fluff

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true...
All I want for Christmas
Is you...

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas day
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you...
You baby

I won't ask for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for snow
I'm just gonna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe
I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick
I won't even stay awake to
Hear those magic reindeer click
'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do
Baby all I want for Christmas is you
You...

All the lights are shining
So brightly everywhere
And the sound of children's
Laughter fills the air
And everyone is singing
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa won't you bring me the one I really need
Won't you please bring my baby to me

Oh I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just want to see baby
Standing right outside my door
Oh I just want him for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
Baby all I want for Christmas is
You
– All I Want For Christmas Is You, Mariah Carey

The best then…the song still brings it home now :)


Just want to wish all my Christian friends a very Merry Christmas. Hope this festive season will foster great ties with the family and also friends. Many Yuletide greetings and may the anticipation of the coming new year don’t kill us all.

This period of time every year always bring me back to 5-6 years ago when I was still a young girl eager to make an impression on the world. Christmas was really wonderful back in Rediffusion. Working late for the evening show was extra beautiful when requests upon requests for carols and hymms were met. On my left was the stunted mutanted dwarfed Christmas tree with presents spilling at the base and on my front, were boxes of music records (those good old vinyls) – jazz, swing, country, rock, soul, Motown, psychedelic – all singing Yuletide joy. I am not a Christian and I don’t celebrate Christmas…but I know good music when I hear one.

I miss those Rediffusion days.

Anyway, while I concussed in the living room for a couple of hours just now, I had gazillion people calling me. And I had one call all the way from Prague! I didn’t realise it was Adrian cause I was damn groggy but whoa…our dear friend is sure having a great time, enjoying his ass off at eastern Europe. Well dude, it was cool of you to call me and I wish you a happy holiday. Pity we got cut off.

To the rest…I am sorry lah. Was really groggy so pardon the blur mumbling tone and slothful answers. Am not going out anyway cause my favourite rom-com is on. Why it’s LOVE ACTUALLY of course.




Beautiful backdrop. Beautiful plot. Beautiful accent. I love Brit rom-com.

"We've never got friendly. I just wanted to say I hope that can change. I'm nice, I really am, apart from my terrible taste in pie. And it would be great if we could be friends." (Juliet, Love Actually)


Love can be a many splendored thing
Can't deny the joy it brings
A dozen roses, diamond rings
Dreams for sale and fairy tales
It'll make you hear a symphony
And you just want the world to see
But like a drug that makes you blind,
It'll fool you every time

The trouble with love is
It can tear you up inside
Make your heart believe a lie
It's stronger than your pride
The trouble with love is
It doesn't care how fast you fall
And you can't refuse the call
See, you got no say at all

Now I was once a fool, it's true
I played the game by all the rules
But now my world's a deeper blue
I'm sadder, but I'm wiser too
I swore I'd never love again
I swore my heart would never mend
Said love wasn't worth the pain
But then I hear it call my name

The trouble with love is
It can tear you up inside
Make your heart believe a lie
It's stronger than your pride
The trouble with love is
It doesn't care how fast you fall
And you can't refuse the call
See, you got no say at all

Every time I turn around
I think I've got it all figured out
My heart keeps callin' and I keep on fallin'
Over and over again
The sad story always ends the same
Me standin' in the pourin' rain
It seems no matter what I do
It tears my heart in two

The trouble with love is
It can tear you up inside
Make your heart believe a lie
It's stronger than your pride
The trouble with love is
It doesn't care how fast you fall
And you can't refuse the call
See, you got no say at all
- The Trouble With Love, Kelly Clarkson

Pain.
Later.
Love Actually now.

###

No comments: