I did ask the girls. Now my turn to answer.
Top 3 Highlights of 2006
1. Quitting my job in March and leaving for Timor.
May seem nothing to you but it’s a great sacrifice for me…resulting to where I am now. But I may not have much in my pockets right now, but I feel more things here (points to heart) and here (points to brain) . Guess there is a silver lining after all.
2. Teaching
I did a week stint in Timor and I guess, I felt a tug from there on. That brought me to a school in Yishun. A relief teacher may not mean much, but it is a step for me. I love sharing and inspiring. I like my Shakespeare even though I think Macbeth is not his best. I like explaining Literature in broken Mandarin to my clueless Chinese students. I like their looks when they score good grades. And I like it when I change into my NPCC uniform later and whip their asses :)
Waking up damn early in the morning is like jihad. It is a battle everyday but by 1400hrs every day, I am free. Heh.
3. Travelling: Taking the road less travelled
Unlike last year where I took flight to London-Brighton-Manchester, sunny Tioman, heady KL and exotic Borneo, my destinations were much humble this year. There was the charming Timor, the memorable “homecoming” back to Perth with the family and the gratifying hell of a trip to Taman Negara Endau Rompin. Perth was a bagful of emotions and with Taman Negara, it was blood, sweat and erm…drama all roll into one big ball of fun.
Yeah. Many made it close.
- World Cup “bookie” job : I didn’t think I could be one
- Made great friends : Timor, Discovery, Singapore Pools, HO Course
- Weddings: Noreen’s and Susan’s…epic!
- The Moonies’ birthdays: Wow!
- The NIE rejections: Ouch
- New toilets!
- A closure
I am sure there are some more. But right now, I need to shower cause I am meeting Meiling and Sharinah.
Ciao.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment