- people who moan about people not caring enough for them when they go home late at night and yet cant be bothered to do the same to a friend who is also going home alone late
- people who whine about not getting cards or sms-es but don’t send cards and sms-es themselves citing “It’s not my thing”
- people who are only interested in men and create their lives and activities around the other species
- people who dominate every conversation talking about themselves, sparing a couple of minutes to listen to others (only because they have to pause to breathe) and then continue their oh-so-interesting drama?
Oh well.
Life.
Met Meiling and Sharinah for dinner. As expected (haha), Meiling gave us a present each and phew, thank God we did a very last minute shopping yesterday and got her a very pretty green handbag. Glad she loves it. I think.
After dinner, I dragged them for desserts cause I was in the mood for hot cheng teng. Parted ways soon after. Lauren, Ting, Grace and Sha were all heading to Grace’s place and they asked me to join them.
Nachos, ice cream, sprite …and we were all up for Grey’s Anatomy Season 3. Love that show.
"Okay, here it is, your choice... it's simple, her or me, and I'm sure she is really great. But Derek, I love you, in a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me." (Dr. Meredith Grey)
When it comes to love, sometimes we tend to lose whatever dignity we have left. Worthy or not, it has always been a great step to take. Accepting the negative verdict with grace will be an epochal start back to normalcy. Whatever it is…it is always great to do it with good friends, ice cream and a good show.
“Bila yang tertulis untukku (When what has been written for me)
Adalah yang terbaik untukmu (Is the best for you)
Kan kujadikan kau kenangan (You’ll be a part of my memory)
Yang terindah dalam hidupku (The most beautiful one in my life)
Namun takkan mudah bagiku (Still it wont be easy for me)
Meninggalkan jejak hidupku (To leave behind traces of my life)
Yang tlah terukir abadi (Which have been eternally carved)
Sebagai kenangan (As the most beautiful memory ever)
Yang terindah" (Kenangan Terindah, Samsons )
It makes more sense in Bahasa Indonesia, trust me. Anyway it is the time in life again when I have been ripped, rolled and shredded. My only consolation is that I didn’t get too lost in it because I had weighed the consequences before I came up with the pretty illusions.
Anyway tomorrow I will have to choose..either spending New Year in KL or in town with friends. Right now, I am leaning towards the former. Whatever. You know what…it doesn’t matter where I’ll be. What matters most is that I must make the most out of the circumstance.
Go, me.
“At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it's not so important happy ever after, just that its happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you, and once in a while people may even take your breath away.” (Dr. Meredith Grey)
It’s 0300hrs. Think I should squeeze in a bit of editing. Been too sick and tired to do work lately. I should really buck up.
A thousand times goodnight, unintentional stragglers.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment